Video: 2013 Ivan Hlinka - Paul Bittner, USA

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

While forward Nick Schmaltz was the offensive sparkplug for Team USA's squad at the 2013 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament, big winger Paul Bittner was another forward who chipped in some offense for the tournament's silver medalists.

The Crookston, MN native appeared in all five games for the USA, scoring two goals and adding one assist for three points. Two of Bittner's three points came in the 5-2 win over Slovakia on Day 3 of the tournament.

Bittner played for the Portland Winterhawks in the 2012-13 season, his first in the WHL. In 45 games for that club, he scored 12 goals and chipped in 11 assists for 23 points.… read more

More...

xWinterChickens

Jun 9, 2012
Portland Oregon
He spent some time last year on the big line for Portland where i believe he served a mini point streak. He uses his big frame in the tough areas and competes. I expect PB to be bumped to a second line role this coming year and more power play time.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
He spent some time last year on the big line for Portland where i believe he served a mini point streak. He uses his big frame in the tough areas and competes. I expect PB to be bumped to a second line role this coming year and more power play time.

He was fantastic in the playoffs and in the Memorial Cup, where he helped fill the void left when Leier got injured. Overall his rookie season was awesome considering he was the youngest full-time player in the WHL last year. Big things on the way for this kid.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00