[VID] Have Another Donut

• Thread starter M A K A V E L I*
  • Start date

arsmaster*

I agree with you for the most part. The officiating has been bad all around. I wouldn't say it has been completely one sided though. From what I see, the refs are letting players get away with things if they are not consistently doing them. In the playoffs officials will let 1 and 2 slide... but not 3 and 4. Only automatic calls get called. Game 1 and 2 were horribly called so in game 3 they tightened up and this was the result. Making reputation calls is bad for the game, but if you are notorious at something than yeah... you get that dark mark. Its unfortunate, but it could be a factor. I have no idea. Im sure AV cussing at them and disrespecting them isn't helping.

Fair enough, and I appreciate you being civil and not rubbing our noses in our predicament.

My biggest issue is the ticky tack stuff....not a chance Weise should have been the only one to go in that little scrum with Vlassic last night, for one Vlassic hit him in the face with his stick and instigate the headlock.

You can't send one there.

-----

There is just a clear divide between what goes for us, and what goes for you guys.

Oh well. I'm used to it.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
It's frustrating to watch, but it's not the reason we are losing, although I don't think anyone is arguing that it is.

Great video Mak

Audio Outlaw

Jaded Sharks Fan
Aug 1, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Fair enough, and I appreciate you being civil and not rubbing our noses in our predicament.

My biggest issue is the ticky tack stuff....not a chance Weise should have been the only one to go in that little scrum with Vlassic last night, for one Vlassic hit him in the face with his stick and instigate the headlock.

You can't send one there.

-----

There is just a clear divide between what goes for us, and what goes for you guys.

Oh well. I'm used to it.

Ticky tacky like what? Like Bieksa going around hitting people between the legs with hockey sticks? It's playoff hockey.... It really is a whole different game. Anything goes... not just in this series, but all around the league. Lets also recognize that these 2 teams just don't like eachother so that makes matters worse.

I really think the Sharks are beating Vancouver at their own game. In 2011 you guys got in our heads with this kind of stuff, and now we are returning the favor. More focus needs to be put on scoring, and less on getting under the other teams skin. The referees are not to blame here. If anything, the league wants to see Vancouver win this series. There would be much more money in it for them since SJ is such a small market compared to Vancouver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=m9Pt3HLUCbY

Last edited:

arsmaster*

Ticky tacky like what? Like Bieksa going around hitting people between the legs with hockey sticks? It's playoff hockey.... It really is a whole different game. Anything goes... not just in this series, but all around the league. Lets also recognize that these 2 teams just don't like eachother so that makes matters worse.

I really think the Sharks are beating Vancouver at their own game. In 2011 you guys got in our heads with this kind of stuff, and now we are returning the favor. More focus needs to be put on scoring, and less on getting under the other teams skin. The referees are not to blame here. If anything, the league wants to see Vancouver win this series. There would be much more money in it for them since SJ is such a small market compared to Vancouver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=m9Pt3HLUCbY
Ticky tack, like Bieksa bumping couture after the whistle and him doing his best bug splattered on a windshield impression.

Kassian's roughing call in game one.

The phantom hook on Hamhuis in game one.

The slash on Thornton's right hand that was so hard it caused pain in his left hand.

-----

Anyways, now I'm just getting annoyed with you. The difference between the calls you got in 2011 and ours in 2013 are that the penalties you took, namely Eager's 60 foot run at D Sedin's #'s is that they were off the "two minutes...well worth it" variety.

The calls we are seeing are very light...Burrows goalie interference call...clearly pushed in.

Anyhow, just go while you're ahead.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
with every ineffective canucks pp i care less and less about officiating

i'd be happier if the refs just let everything go because san jose is generating multiple quality scoring chances on each pp while the canucks are just passing it around the perimeter

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Are they inconsistent? Yes. Is it by accident? Absolutely not.

It's playoff hockey and everyone says how officials are going to put away the whistle.What they didn't tell you is that the whistle only disappears for one team.

There is no way to accept that the refs are doing their job properly. This isn't just one call being unfair. The entire mindset from the refs are unfair and this is proof of it. The officials are purposefully taking every chance to put the Canucks in the box. That is until you've given 8-10 penalties or if the Sharks are winning by a large margin. Until then, you can't having a small scrum without a penalty that somehow leads to only one team going to the box and yes, it would be the Canucks. Why are they doing this? you tell me.
Totally agree with you. That's what's happening.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I was out of town for the long weekend so haven't been able to watch as much as I liked, though I tuned in for that brutal 3rd period last night. So I'm not sure exactly what to make of the reffing overall but I gotta say if you have a series where the games have been close 5 on 5 but one team has 3x the PP minutes than the other for no good reason, then yes the refs do become a factor/reason to your loss.

It's kind of like injuries. You hope your players can overcome it and try not to use it as an excuse, and sometimes that works, but most of the time it can and will become a factor that weighs down a team. Same thing with one-sided reffing, you try to persevere and kill off those penalties but there's only so much a team can take before they buckle under, especially when the margin for victory/defeat is so narrow.

But rather than some grand conspiracy (though I'm left suspicious from the Auger-gate incident) you have to consider that this is one of those 'when it rains it poors' things, and you don't want to discredit San Jose who've been playing really well. So you can't really say the reffing cost us the series, as that would imply the Sharks won because of it, but rather the more correct term would be the refs cost us a chance at winning the series.

Audio Outlaw

Jaded Sharks Fan
Aug 1, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Ticky tack, like Bieksa bumping couture after the whistle and him doing his best bug splattered on a windshield impression.

Kassian's roughing call in game one.

The phantom hook on Hamhuis in game one.

The slash on Thornton's right hand that was so hard it caused pain in his left hand.

-----

Anyways, now I'm just getting annoyed with you. The difference between the calls you got in 2011 and ours in 2013 are that the penalties you took, namely Eager's 60 foot run at D Sedin's #'s is that they were off the "two minutes...well worth it" variety.

The calls we are seeing are very light...Burrows goalie interference call...clearly pushed in.

Anyhow, just go while you're ahead.

I'm not trying to stir anything up or cause any bad blood. My intentions were only to bring balance to this thread. There are bogus and missed calls on both sides. Clearly you pointed out 3 valid points, but your missing others and ignoring others. Like blatant runs a Couture.

HY9oRU3.jpg

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
I'm not trying to stir anything up or cause any bad blood. My intentions were only to bring balance to this thread. There are bogus and missed calls on both sides. Clearly you pointed out 3 valid points, but your missing others and ignoring others. Like blatant runs a Couture.

HY9oRU3.jpg

You can't bring balance when there is no balance.

LolClarkson*

Canucks don't dive or whine anymore than any other team. I have not seen Kesler or Burrows engage in any more antics over the course of their career than the Sharks players have in the two recent series we've played them.
Can I slip this into the main thread ? Just a slip in, no comment ..

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010

HY9oRU3.jpg

right i remind you again there 17 mins of difference in penalties?

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
This is the first MAK video I'm not going to watch. The refs suck, everyone knows it, but the refs aren't making Schneider whiff on 30 foot wrist shots, or the Canucks taking shots from the freakin' blue line ON A 5 ON 3!!

I don't know, I'm just getting tired of this "we're the victim" mentality that we've always had.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
This is the first MAK video I'm not going to watch. The refs suck, everyone knows it, but the refs aren't making Schneider whiff on 30 foot wrist shots, or the Canucks taking shots from the freakin' blue line ON A 5 ON 3!!

I don't know, I'm just getting tired of this "we're the victim" mentality that we've always had.

Don't you get it? Biased officiating is biased officiating. If the games were close, we'd still be getting ****ed over by these pukes and they'd still doing their best to decide games for us. This team isn't good enough that it can fight against the sharks and the refs.

Audio Outlaw

Jaded Sharks Fan
Aug 1, 2011
Bay Area, CA
right i remind you again there 17 mins of difference in penalties?

I don't think you realize.... It could be a whole lot worse than it is. The Canucks have been getting away with a whole lot of shenanigans themselves. I have faith in this organization though. The culture will change one way or another.

RDRR

Sep 26, 2009
Runs at Couture?

Sharks fans... :help:

Sometimes they let the Canucks play, and sometimes they call the littlest best of contact on a Shark.

I thought they let them play in the playoffs?

Disgraceful.

RDRR

Sep 26, 2009
I don't think you realize.... It could be a whole lot worse than it is. The Canucks have been getting away with a whole lot of shenanigans themselves. I have faith in this organization though. The culture will change one way or another.

You're full of it.

This is the playoffs.

What the Canucks are doing is no less than what the Kings and Bruins did to us in the last 2 years.

We're getting called for things that other teams are not going to get called for playing against you guys.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
You're full of it.

This is the playoffs.

What the Canucks are doing is no less than what the Kings and Bruins did to us in the last 2 years.

We're getting called for things that other teams are not going to get called for playing against you guys.
This is the Sharks' biggest reason for their home record most seasons. They get an unbelievable amount of PPs on home ice as anything ticky tack is called. I expected it this season as well as apparently the Sharks arent making a good enough profit.

Give them an extra round and they'll prob make a little.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
The nhl is rigged, call them out. The nhl is made up of 30 divisions (teams) to make money. The nhl will do whats best to maximize profits, get new arenas, nhl friendly leases and no taxes. You can even see it in drafts over the years.

The nhl cant with 100% change outcomes of the games but they can change them an incredible amount with refs calling or ignoring penalties. Same goes with suspensions/no suspensions.

You want a change vancouver? Crash your local market, give these crooks none of your hard earned money and enjoy games at home or out with friends. When the nhl doesnt have 5% of its revenue coming from vancouver then theyll be forced to screw over whoever the canucks are playing (assuming theyre a more established market than the canucks).

The tin foil hatters may be on to something

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
You know what? I hope we go back to diving and being jerkasses like we use to. Not only were Burrows and Lapeirre immensely more effective, the refs have proven they'll be biased and/or incompetent regardless. Why should we do them any favors? In fact, we've gotten less calls since we stopped embellishing as much. And people why wonder teams dive?

Audio Outlaw

Jaded Sharks Fan
Aug 1, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Runs at Couture?

Sharks fans... :help:

Sometimes they let the Canucks play, and sometimes they call the littlest best of contact on a Shark.

I thought they let them play in the playoffs?

Disgraceful.

Runs, shots, exc. Call them what you want to. The Canucks are picking on Couture and he is responding to it.

To be fair, Couture does the whiplash move a lot. It drives me nuts sometimes. He is an embellisher. You will never hear me say Couture is a bad @$$. He's not. He is a goal scorer and as a Sharks fan I have to support that.

embee

Apr 29, 2011
Imagine if 2011 Bruins-Canucks series was refereed the same way this series was?

After watching that video, how does Couture not have some sort of reputation in this league?

Last edited:

leftwinglockdown

Dude Guy
Apr 29, 2011
Canada

Getting away with a whole lot? Then why the major discrepancy between PP opportunities?

Sharks lead the playoffs right now with 16 5on4 PP opportunities.
Canucks are dead last with 6 5on4 PP opportunities.

No other series has a discrepancy as big as this.

arsmaster*

Getting away with a whole lot? Then why the major discrepancy between PP opportunities?

Sharks lead the playoffs right now with 16 5on4 PP opportunities.
Canucks are dead last with 6 5on4 PP opportunities.

No other series has a discrepancy as big as this.

He's saying we're lucky.

It could be 160 to 6.

We're evil.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad