[VID] Have Another Donut

• Thread starter M A K A V E L I*
  • Start date

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
by the way 1040 last night also mentioned ray ferraro even said off the air the officiating has been incredibly inconsistent.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
It is frustrating to watch but it's not like the Canucks have been the better team in the series. The Reffing is way down the list as to why the Canucks are losing this series (if it's on the list at all).

VeteranNetPresence

Disco Super Fly.
Dec 8, 2011
Vancouver
This is BS- the officiating is bad--it undermines the integrity of the game. That's the problem.

the officiating has been fine, and the only reason people are *****ing about it is because the team is down 3-0. there is obviously going to be the element of human error present, but that is the nature of the game and sports in general. you want to see bad officiating? bring in some refs from overseas or some from the minor pro leagues. these guys are the best in the business and they are in the NHL for a reason

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
meanwhile HF's hot topic of the day is whether villainous Henrik's 2-minute cross-check should be a suspension

i'm dying here

freakydave

Feb 10, 2004
otp.phpbbweb.com
It is frustrating to watch but it's not like the Canucks have been the better team in the series. The Reffing is way down the list as to why the Canucks are losing this series (if it's on the list at all).
It isn't about the Canucks winning or losing-it's about the refs being consistent--the Canucks are being outplayed no question but lopsided PP calls for the Sharks don't have a hand in that or do they?:sarcasm:

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
It isn't about the Canucks winning or losing-it's about the refs being consistent--the Canucks are being outplayed no question but lopsided PP calls for the Sharks don't have a hand in that or do they?:sarcasm:

I would agree I haven't liked how the officiating has been this year but if anyone is using the Refs as an excuse is as blind and stupid as some of these refs appear to be.

Sharks deserve this 3-0 lead.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
meanwhile HF's hot topic of the day is whether villainous Henrik's 2-minute cross-check should be a suspension

i'm dying here

Yes definitely a suspension, what a brute Henrik is. With his monstrous strength he was able to make Couture's head snap forward like that while bringing his entire body into the air.

freakydave

Feb 10, 2004
otp.phpbbweb.com
the officiating has been fine, and the only reason people are *****ing about it is because the team is down 3-0. there is obviously going to be the element of human error present, but that is the nature of the game and sports in general. you want to see bad officiating? bring in some refs from overseas or some from the minor pro leagues. these guys are the best in the business and they are in the NHL for a reason
Right-these guys are the best in the business & they suck well doesn't that just speak volumes about the NHL. You just keep on pretending it's fans upset that their team losing. You just don't want to admit that the product on the ice suffering because of the officials. There is a reason hockey finishes behind the NBA,MLB,NFL,MLS in ratings & isn't that they don't understand the rules.

freakydave

Feb 10, 2004
otp.phpbbweb.com
I would agree I haven't liked how the officiating has been this year but if anyone is using the Refs as an excuse is as blind and stupid as some of these refs appear to be.

The sharks have been the better team no?
It's about calling the game consistently.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012

I hope and dont think anyone's inferring that or hope not. I think we all know the canucks are not playing good enough to win nor do we deserve to win.

But the reffing has been god awful.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
"the SJS-Van series. Sjs has got 27:19 of PP time. Van has a league worst per game 10:24 of PP time. Over 17 mins of difference. No other series has any discrepency even close. Disgraceful. Biased. I've seen enough"

comment on the video from Youtube.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010

haha i had to go find this after seeing that video. never seen it before.

Audio Outlaw

Jaded Sharks Fan
Aug 1, 2011
Bay Area, CA
This is disgraceful. The officiating has been terrible. Clearly anything goes in this series. The Sharks have gotten away with a lot, so have the Canucks. The officials are only calling 1/3 of what they would be in the regular season... if that. The refs are too afraid to make calls this time of year and that needs to change.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Canucks don't dive or whine anymore than any other team. I have not seen Kesler or Burrows engage in any more antics over the course of their career than the Sharks players have in the two recent series we've played them.

There are many reasons beyond simply diving and yapping. GMs calling out refs (Burke AND Gillis), the Burrows/Auger incident, general smug and cockiness.

There are many things the Canucks have done to earn their reputation.

The referees are a union, a group and a brotherhood. If you think the same team can make a mockery of them on the ice, call them out off the ice, and for all intents and purposes get one banished from the NHL, and beleive they will not respond unfavourably, you're incredibly naive. It's not a conspiracy theory or anything else. It's facts. The proof is on the ice.

The Canucks have done this to themselves. Time to accept it in my mind.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
This is disgraceful. The officiating has been terrible. Clearly anything goes in this series. The Sharks have gotten away with a lot, so have the Canucks. The officials are only calling 1/3 of what they would be in the regular season... if that. The refs are too afraid to make calls this time of year and that needs to change.

just some consistency would be nice... you say it goes both ways yet the Sharks has over 17 min more PP mins than Canucks? IN only 3 GAMES!! You been watching too and you think Canucks is THAT much more undisciplined?

arsmaster*

The penalties are 16-6, not sure what you have to complain about.

The officiating has been one sided from the start, the Weise penalty on Wingels (?) 2 minutes into game one, was not a call at any time in the 2011 playoffs, not once.

And I know you don't want to hear it, but Couture is doing things that our entire roster was villified for in 2011.

Every time he's touched he's flailing and eye ****ing the refs.

-----

Don't confuse this post with stating the officials are the reason you guys are up 3-0 though.

Our entire team is playing like dog feces, and you guys are capitalizing on each and every mistake. You deserve the 3-0 lead and we deserve where we're at. I just don't think the officials are calling this series well at all, I watch a lot of hockey, and most of the other series' are not like this one at all.

If refs are making "reputation" calls, then that's even worse.

arsmaster*

There are many reasons beyond simply diving and yapping. GMs calling out refs (Burke AND Gillis), the Burrows/Auger incident, general smug and cockiness.

There are many things the Canucks have done to earn their reputation.

The referees are a union, a group and a brotherhood. If you think the same team can make a mockery of them on the ice, call them out off the ice, and for all intents and purposes get one banished from the NHL, and beleive they will not respond unfavourably, you're incredibly naive. It's not a conspiracy theory or anything else. It's facts. The proof is on the ice.

The Canucks have done this to themselves. Time to accept it in my mind.

Auger was banished for incompetance. He never, ever had an opportunity to ref a playoff game (you know, where good officials, get rewarded).

YOu really thing that's on the Canucks? The guy was hack.

------

Your post makes sense, yes they are united against us IMO, and that's simpy unacceptable behaviour. It absolutely reflects poorly on the league.

You know when guys like Cuthbert and Ferrarro (I know some think Ferrarro is a Canucks homer...I don't) are commenting on it during games, it's pretty clearly one sided and poor.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Refs really should be accountable for doing a crappy job, just like players, coaches and gms are. We need a new system for refs one that's performance based.

Audio Outlaw

Jaded Sharks Fan
Aug 1, 2011
Bay Area, CA
The penalties are 16-6, not sure what you have to complain about.

The officiating has been one sided from the start, the Weise penalty on Wingels (?) 2 minutes into game one, was not a call at any time in the 2011 playoffs, not once.

And I know you don't want to hear it, but Couture is doing things that our entire roster was villified for in 2011.

Every time he's touched he's flailing and eye ****ing the refs.

-----

Don't confuse this post with stating the officials are the reason you guys are up 3-0 though.

Our entire team is playing like dog feces, and you guys are capitalizing on each and every mistake. You deserve the 3-0 lead and we deserve where we're at. I just don't think the officials are calling this series well at all, I watch a lot of hockey, and most of the other series' are not like this one at all.

If refs are making "reputation" calls, then that's even worse.

I agree with you for the most part. The officiating has been bad all around. I wouldn't say it has been completely one sided though. From what I see, the refs are letting players get away with things if they are not consistently doing them. In the playoffs officials will let 1 and 2 slide... but not 3 and 4. Only automatic calls get called. Game 1 and 2 were horribly called so in game 3 they tightened up and this was the result. Making reputation calls is bad for the game, but if you are notorious at something than yeah... you get that dark mark. Its unfortunate, but it could be a factor. I have no idea. Im sure AV cussing at them and disrespecting them isn't helping.

Couture has been getting ran at out there.... Its a fact. Of course he is complaining. The kid hates contact.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
I agree with you for the most part. The officiating has been bad all around. I wouldn't say it has been completely one sided though. From what I see, the refs are letting players get away with things if they are not consistently doing them. In the playoffs officials will let 1 and 2 slide... but not 3 and 4. Only automatic calls get called. Game 1 and 2 were horribly called so in game 3 they tightened up and this was the result. Making reputation calls is bad for the game, but if you are notorious at something than yeah... you get that dark mark. Its unfortunate, but it could be a factor. I have no idea. Im sure AV cussing at them and disrespecting them isn't helping.

he chews gum. I wish he cusses at them...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad