[Vid] Embellishment City (MOD WARNING IN OP)

• Thread starter M A K A V E L I*
  • Start date

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Hilarious! What I love is the people who don't get it. It's not about calling the Bruins out for diving or being dirty, it's the damn hypocrisy of it all. So many comments about how a Canucks fan shouldn't be calling out anyone for embellishment, wel guess what? Neither should Bruins fans, especially their coach! I think the double standard and sense of entitlement when it comes the Bruins starts straight at the top with JJ and trickles down.

Stellar MAK.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Its gone viral and is on Puck Daddy now. :laugh: Nobody can stick their thumbs in their ears and pretend it doesn't exist anymore.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Wow, great work there. You have some serious skills in making videos.

Bruins are the biggest sore losers in the league. They are never the reason why they lose. It's always the Refs, other team getting too many PP's, Boston getting shafted etc.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Wow, great work there. You have some serious skills in making videos.

Bruins are the biggest sore losers in the league. They are never the reason why they lose. It's always the Refs, other team getting too many PP's, Boston getting shafted etc.

Then our reason is AV and Luongo/Schneider.

Being a bit harsh, but I'm just adding points to your argument.

Last edited:

*Bob Richards*

Thank you, Mr. C for the link.

Music was an awesome touch. :laugh:

StringerBell

Haha. Doug Maclean just mentioned the video on Hockeycentral at Noon. Said it was funny.

How does it feel to amuse one of the biggest dumbasses in the industry Mak?

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Haha. Doug Maclean just mentioned the video on Hockeycentral at Noon. Said it was funny.

How does it feel to amuse one of the biggest dumbasses in the industry Mak?

The big dumbass probably has contributed to the video now having about 180,000 hits on Youtube, which is pretty funny and must steam Bruins' fans.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
For his next project, MAK needs to isolate the part of that commercial for Shaw last night where the hockey player nailed the vampire from pseudo-Twilight.

I rewound and played that bit more times than I am proud to admit.

Canuck16

that's curtains!
Apr 11, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I can't watch the video because im at work. I know its gonna be great, can't wait to see this !!

Glad MAKAVELI the Don is getting the recognition his work deserves !!
:cheers:

hlrsr

Sep 16, 2006
After seeing something like this, it really pisses me off that our team somehow has a reputation for going above and beyond when it comes to diving, and that referees are starting to buy into it.

I hate it when Kesler embellishes, but seeing Marchand try and create calls out of nothing multiple times in a shift is on another level.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
The Canucks don't dive or embellish more than any other team. It's a perception that was fostered by the CBC and picked up on by Claude Julien because it favoured his team.

In 2011 Canucks had a pretty devastating PP and as a team were very disciplined in not retaliating. As a result, down the final stretch of the season, the officials became gun shy w.r.t. putting the Canucks (and other fast, skill oriented teams such as Chicago and Tampa Bay) on the PP. This trend continued into the playoffs. Recall that in game 7 of the Bruins - Lightning series, after Tampa scored a bunch of PP goals to win game 6, there was not a single penalty called in the final game. The refs put their whistles in their pockets to the decided benefit of the Bruins.

As the Sedins in particular took more and more abuse, the team as a whole started trying to draw attention to the egregious fouls. Call it embellishing if you want, but one thing is very clear; the standard of enforcement for obstruction related fouls and even moreso, for after the whistle crosschecks, face washes etc. became extremely loose. How does an official skate right by Brad Marchant while he punches Daniel in the face 7 times without blowing his whistle?

Take the infamous Kesler "chicken wing" play that the CBC went on and on about. Kesler didn't "clamp" his arm down on Weber's stick - all he did was turn his body so that Weber's stick - that was already up around his chest, was trapped between Kesler's arm and his chest. That's not really embellishing - Weber's stick was there, and was being used with significant leverage. Is WAS a hook. All Kesler did turn his upper body. There are far more egregious examples of diving and embellshment every game, but not every game has the opposing coach and the CBC dissecting every play on national TV.

The CBC, Barry Trotz and Claude Julien can talk all they wan't about respecting the game. Dumbing the game down to the benefit of the less skilled teams that rely on stifling clutch and grab tactics is not good for the game.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
this video is a heck of a lot better than previous ones. you've thankfully learned how to find humour in brevity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->