Victoria Royals 2023-24

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
Just wanted a thread to talk about the team during our rebuild. Massive trade on Thursday that brought in 2 1st round picks, and more.

1696713681100.png

Victoria already drafted Parkers replacement in Keaton Verhoeff, and it didn't make much sense for Parker to spend his D+1 on a rebuilding team. I love this trade, and thought it was inevitable, and I'm happy with the return.

Deegan Kinniburgh is looking like a quality pick from the 2021 draft, and has been an early-season bright spot for a struggling team. Misskey has also had a great start to his season after looking decent in the Oilers camp, as an invitee.

Reactions: JUSTGIROUXIT

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
The Kalem Parker trade is already looking like a steal. Ben Riche, who was seemingly a throw-in has 8-2-10 in 14 GP, which is the team lead in goals since he arrived. Since the trade, the Royals are 11-3-1.

winterhawkssupporter

Dec 26, 2022
Royals look like a team competing for a Western Conference title right now. Not sure if they can keep up with Prince George or Portland, but they will make noise come playoffs.

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
Royals look like a team competing for a Western Conference title right now. Not sure if they can keep up with Prince George or Portland, but they will make noise come playoffs.
They're a fun team to watch too. I don't think they have the skill level to run with either the Cougars or the Winterhawks, but they're going to make life miserable if teams don't come prepared to play. And then kids like Reschny, who looks like he's getting better every game, are giving Victoria fans some hope.

Reactions: VictoriaJetsFan

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
Officially drafting 8th, and 18th in the 2024 WHL draft. After being extremely hot following the Parker trade, the Royals hit a late season slump. I think they're poised to take a step forward next year, with Reschny having an excellent rookie season, and looking like a potential 1st round pick in the NHL draft.

I'm hoping they can get Shaun Hildebrandt with their 8th OA pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad