Victoria and Prince George...should they change names?

Kuzmenkshow

Big smile, big hair, big time player
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
After the Prince was named Prince George and with Victoria's old pro team being the Cougars, would it not make sense for the two teams to change names thus becoming the Victoria Cougars and Prince George Royals? I thought of this as a joke but it actualy makes a fair bit of sense i think..anyone else agree?

GuillaumeLetsundress*

After the Prince was named Prince George and with Victoria's old pro team being the Cougars, would it not make sense for the two teams to change names thus becoming the Victoria Cougars and Prince George Royals? I thought of this as a joke but it actualy makes a fair bit of sense i think..anyone else agree?

agreed on the funny joke part but i dont think anyone really cares

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Somehow I doubt that Victoria would trade names given that the Victoria Cougars didn't exactly leave for Prince George under the best of circumstances.

brian11

Oct 14, 2003

I'm not sure if they should, although I am a sucker for nostalgia and there's certainly a part of me that would love this. Especially if they went with a retro jersey. I'll admit that it still hurts when I see the Prince George Cougars in town and I hear the name of that team. After all these years, and after having the Royals for a couple seasons, remembering when the Cougars left town still hurts. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad