Player Discussion Victor Rask

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Off to a good start? Do you guys see any future for him in this club?
Doubtful.

He doesn't do all that much that couldn't be done by someone else, cheaper.

He's just caught on a pair of coattails at this point that are making him more tolerable as a player for the time being.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Doubtful.

He doesn't do all that much that couldn't be done by someone else, cheaper.

He's just caught on a pair of coattails at this point that are making him more tolerable as a player for the time being.
I don't have any desire to keep the guy around, but he's currently doing something that none of the other centers can.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I don't have any desire to keep the guy around, but he's currently doing something that none of the other centers can.
None of them on our active roster, sure... but what I mean is, what he brings is easily replaceable by someone else who is cheaper.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Eric Staal, 3 goals, 5 assists, 8 points in 23 games
Victor Rask, 5 goals, 5assists, 10 points in 21 games

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Alot of the previous posts on Rask seem negative. As of right now he doesn't seem to be that bad, 7 points in 12 games.

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
Its too bad that Rask is so slow. As far as stick work and defensive positioning he is actually pretty good, he just cant keep up on the offensive side of the puck.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Its too bad that Rask is so slow. As far as stick work and defensive positioning he is actually pretty good, he just cant keep up on the offensive side of the puck.

Victor Rask is where goals and plays go to die. I don't get where the occasional Kap magic happens with him, but I'm pretty tired of seeing passes from him that are in the wrong zip code, whiffs on pucks, turnovers and him losing board battles. How he's lasted in this league this long is mind blowing. 95% of the time he is a vortex on the ice for quality play. I would like for him to not be on this team. A lot.

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
Victor Rask is where goals and plays go to die. I don't get where the occasional Kap magic happens with him, but I'm pretty tired of seeing passes from him that are in the wrong zip code, whiffs on pucks, turnovers and him losing board battles. How he's lasted in this league this long is mind blowing. 95% of the time he is a vortex on the ice for quality play. I would like for him to not be on this team. A lot.

He makes some bad plays, but I don't think he's as miserable as most people around here. Most of his goals actually happen in pretty big spots. He won't be around after this season.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
From Russo's EDM gamer in the Athletic,

"There’s a group of Rask fans who, during every home game, go down to the lower bowl, stand by the glass and hold up Rask signs. They wear Rask jerseys. They host a podcast called the “RaskCast.” "

o_O

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey

"There’s a group of Rask fans who, during every home game, go down to the lower bowl, stand by the glass and hold up Rask signs. They wear Rask jerseys. They host a podcast called the “RaskCast.” "

o_O
those guys are hilarious on twitter wild posts. If the mnwild twitter accounts posts anything about Rask they go crazy in the replies.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

Wabit

May 23, 2016

o_O

For some reason seeing that Rask has a fanclub makes my day better.

Reactions: TaLoN and BagHead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->