Value of: Victor Rask to Toronto

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
With a $4 million cap hit, and a poor season, being benched at times, it appears as though Rask may be out of favour in Carolina. I've read some Carolina fans would like to move him, and at this point, Leafs have uncertainty at the 3C spot.

Honestly, I don't know what his value is, so Canes fans, what do you think his cost would be?

Thanks

Carolina Hurricanes: Should Victor Rask be traded at this point?

With Victor Rask in Carolina’s doghouse, could he be of Penguins interest?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
they'd probably give him to us for free. i wouldn't accept him for free though. i'd trade martin for rask and a 3rd

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Rask is having shoulder surgery. I'd need to know how long he's been playing hurt and to what extent it affected his game in order to determine his current/ future potential value.

Reactions: DaveG

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
I think the Leafs should be wary of long term risky contracts. I think Carolina should eat some more of the contract before giving up on what's been a decent producer the past couple years before this one. They may find a return to form and/or an increase in value.

Is it a gamble worth taking? Not really.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Depends on the Price it would keep Nylander and Matthews together so that's a good thing at 25 he's the perfect age so that's a good thing too.

but what's the cost

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Another Canes thread, said you need to get tougher... we'll send you Martin... then the cap hit to us is pretty easy to take. Joking, I'm sure you'd want more than what Martin's value is at this point.

member 157595

I have no interest in Victor Rask at all without retention and Carolina has no reason to retain money while moving a player unless the player is Scott Darling.

Reactions: RodTheBawd

Jan 21, 2018
The last thing Toronto needs is a C with term. They should be using that cap space to improve their D.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
He still has value. He's still only 25 and has scored 45+ points twice in his career. He's a little bit square peg/round hole in Carolina now it seems. He would be a great fit on a team like Dallas.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad