Player Discussion Victor Mete

The best thing to do for his development?

• Bring him to London

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • Bring him back with the first team

Votes: 25 51.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Putting him in the ahl doesn't make sense

If you try to break him and make him a better person then it does. But yeah realistically it doesn't make any sense. He was our 3rd best dman last year so unless MB revamps the whole defense this summer or Mete has an awful camp he should play in the NHL.

Reactions: dralaf

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Mete turns 20 next week. He looked fine in the NHL last season while playing in a somewhat protected role.
Ideally with Joel Bouchard taking over and understanding how important his job is as a talent developer, having Mete playing 25 minutes a night paired with Noah Juulsen is ideal.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I think he would benefit from being in the AHL for a year.

With that said, I think there is no way that happens under MB. He's in full on desperation mode right now.

It could if he did not play in the NHL last season. But sending a guy down after keeping him up for a whole season where he was better than some guys you would keep up is the PERFECT way to destroy a kid's confidence.

No favoritism for vets. Enough is enough. If you're not good enough you're out. If Mete plays better than Schelmko, Benn and Lolzner at the camp no reason to send him down.

Reactions: dralaf

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Mete is probably our second fastest skater behind lord Byron but honestly guys, he does not have much when it comes to offence, defensively he is fine but he could really use some AHL time playing in all situations, he was brought here too soon because of our fearless leader gm and his wonderful D core that he assembled last summer.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Mete is probably our second fastest skater behind lord Byron but honestly guys, he does not have much when it comes to offence, defensively he is fine but he could really use some AHL time playing in all situations, he was brought here too soon because of our fearless leader gm and his wonderful D core that he assembled last summer.

Unless Bergevin is able to improve the dcore, I think he'll be in the NHL. He made the team last year out of camp and then was not sent down to junior for the Memorial Cup, because he was needed in Montreal. Perhaps the emergence of Juulsen will change things.

At least Bergevin will be looking for foot speed this year when tries to improve the dcore, as opposed to last year when he completely ignored it.

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
Ouch....you really think the Habs would take Hughes 3rd overall? Ouch

I'd hope so. This would give us a much needed catalyst on defense. He'd feel right at home next to Shea Weber starting next season!

Mete is good but not as talented. For now, he would bring more on a second pairing.

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
I guess it all depends on what we manage to trade for this summer. I for one hope that MB deals paciorety plus for a guy like Noha Hanifin or Faulk. At that point sending Mete in the minors with Juulsen would make sense. Hanifin, Riley, Alzner would be fine on the left side.

Having Mete and Juulsen to bring the Rocket to the next level is not a bad thing either. I hope they will have the mentality of having a winning culture in the minors.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Mete turns 20 next week. He looked fine in the NHL last season while playing in a somewhat protected role.
Ideally with Joel Bouchard taking over and understanding how important his job is as a talent developer, having Mete playing 25 minutes a night paired with Noah Juulsen is ideal.
Yes that is great but we have no d-men to replace him.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
It could if he did not play in the NHL last season. But sending a guy down after keeping him up for a whole season where he was better than some guys you would keep up is the PERFECT way to destroy a kid's confidence.

No favoritism for vets. Enough is enough. If you're not good enough you're out. If Mete plays better than Schelmko, Benn and Lolzner at the camp no reason to send him down.
Obviously development is a franchise weakness but one of the few successes, Pacioretty, suggests sending a player down to work on his offense can dramatically improve his impact status to franchise. Mete the ~20pt #4 vs Mete the offensively gifted 40+pt #3/4.

Reactions: montreal

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Obviously development is a franchise weakness but one of the few successes, Pacioretty, suggests sending a player down to work on his offense can dramatically improve his impact status to franchise. Mete the ~20pt #4 vs Mete the offensively gifted 40+pt #3/4.

Pacioretty still played a significant amount of games every seasons. 34 games his first. 52 games his 2nd. 37 game his 3rd (got injured he would have played more). I mean if vets are playing better than Mete yeah send him in the AHL instead of using him on a 3rd pairing. But i still think that sending him down while using plugs like Benn or Schlemko as top 4 would not be good. It's not sending a good message. It's sending the message that vets can **** but kids got to be pristine. Let Reilly, Valiev anf the czechs fight for the top 4 spots at the camp and let the best ones win (unless you can get someone better of course). The last thing i want is to see AHL vet guys in our top 4 it's not sending the right message.

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Man the previous years we had a amazing D-core! After trading subban the team went south, and losing Markov as well. We had great runs previous years but after losing them due to trades and Free Agency some players lost confidence in the ice and off the ice, seems like it affected Price.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Jul 6, 2016
Man the previous years we had a amazing D-core! After trading subban the team went south, and losing Markov as well. We had great runs previous years but after losing them due to trades and Free Agency some players lost confidence in the ice and off the ice, seems like it affected Price.

After trading Subban, they got 100 points and were in the Playoffs.

They went south last year when they let Markov and Emelin go, traded Sergachev, Beaulieu, and Pateryn. sign Alzner, got Schlemko, Streit and Jerabek.

Reactions: Le Tricolore
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->