Player Discussion Victor Mete

The best thing to do for his development?

• Bring him to London

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • Bring him back with the first team

Votes: 25 51.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
In my opinion, Mete is going to be a Shayne Gostisbehere 2.0. He got a big potential offensive. No doubt.

they aren't anything alike though. Mete doesn't appear to have much of a shot so his points will need to come off assists mostly. The team doesn't score enough to rack up assists so will be tough for him to do that until we get some snipers.

greyboy67

Feb 11, 2004
I think the fact that we're a team that we all think has a horrendous dcore (see the rate our dcore thread, the average is a 3/10) and we all want Alzner gone speaks to Alzner's true value.

Hmm, yeah. The depth of hockey knowledge on this forum is formidable.

The fact that a majority of fans on this site want something doesn't speak to anything other than the fact that many people need to get a life.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
In my opinion, Mete is going to be a Shayne Gostisbehere 2.0. He got a big potential offensive. No doubt.

0iwJZHI.jpg

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
they aren't anything alike though. Mete doesn't appear to have much of a shot so his points will need to come off assists mostly. The team doesn't score enough to rack up assists so will be tough for him to do that until we get some snipers.
His shot is soft as a pillow. However, I don't like that he very rarely shoots. He has to be willing to let it go if only to keep defenders honest.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Mete played his 38th game today. Two more and it burns the first year of his contract meaning he can become a UFA one year earlier...what should the Habs do? Waste a year of his contract on this horrendous season or send him back to junior...???

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
is it the games played that counted or games/days on roster. Because I think he has sit at least one.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
is it the games played that counted or games/days on roster. Because I think he has sit at least one.

Games on roster. He's already made it to the 40-game mark so he will reach UFA status a year earlier. He sat out a few games, but he still takes a roster spot. The only games that didn't count in the 40-game are the ones when he was at the WJC because he was not on the active roster.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Mete played his 38th game today. Two more and it burns the first year of his contract meaning he can become a UFA one year earlier...what should the Habs do? Waste a year of his contract on this horrendous season or send him back to junior...???

Contract is already burned for the year (after 9 games), so his ELC will end in 2020.

You are right on the UFA portion though.

Reactions: Tyson

ginomini

May 25, 2014
People really have to stop comparing him to Ghost and Krug. The only similarity is size.

Mete is a defense first guy, I don't belive he as the potential to ever become a dominant point presence. He can get a bunch of points, but his real offensive strenght is on the rush, strong first pass, speed to burn the forcheck and skating ability to join the rush without the risk of being stuck in the o-zone.

Even tho he skates like the wind he does not skate the blue line like Sergachev for example mostly because his shot will never be a threat.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I don't think the UFA portion matters, just sign him to a 2 year bridge (history) and then sign him longterm throughout his prime.

Jul 6, 2016

If they would had wanted to save a year, they would had assigned him to London after the Junior World Championship...

They basically need him BADLY with the D-Corp they have right now.

Jul 6, 2016
People really have to stop comparing him to Ghost and Krug. The only similarity is size.

Mete is a defense first guy, I don't belive he as the potential to ever become a dominant point presence. He can get a bunch of points, but his real offensive strenght is on the rush, strong first pass, speed to burn the forcheck and skating ability to join the rush without the risk of being stuck in the o-zone.

Even tho he skates like the wind he does not skate the blue line like Sergachev for example mostly because his shot will never be a threat.

Rioght. That is why Sergachev was a 1st rounder and Mete a 4th rounder. HUGE differences.

If habs would had kept Sergachev to play with them this season, Mete would had stayed at Junior level all season.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
Rioght. That is why Sergachev was a 1st rounder and Mete a 4th rounder. HUGE differences.

If habs would had kept Sergachev to play with them this season, Mete would had stayed at Junior level all season.
Don’t know. Mete is one of the Habs’ best D this year and is better than Serg in his own zone so...

Reactions: dralaf

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
Even in junior Mete was more of a shut down D, like he was with team Canada. That's the role I see for him going forward with the Habs. A heady, smart defender who uses his stick and speed to make up for size.

He'll get his points by leading breakouts with speed and smart passing on the 2nd unit, but I don't see him becoming a 40-50 point guy in the NHL.

The kid has winner written all over him.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
They can't be serious... Ffs.
Screenshot_20180216-141828.png

In english: Could the Habs be stupid enough to try Mete at foward. Look at SJ they're doing it with Burns :shakehead:

Reactions: Jrham15

holyhabs

Jun 9, 2007

I don't want to see him get benched here and there and then play 6-7 minutes some nights. That would be a WASTE of 1 year.

If he plays big minutes every game and learns then i have no problem if he stays with the habs.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
I believe I read somewhere that Burns used to play forward.
He did. Burns played quite a bit at foward in his career. But Mete? We would put him at wing I guess ? For what? We had Carr sitting in the press box and he bring more at foward than Mete would.

Insanity

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
He did. Burns played quite a bit at foward in his career. But Mete? We would put him at wing I guess ? For what? We had Carr sitting in the press box and he bring more at foward than Mete would.

Insanity

I'm definitely not for Mete at foward. I am for getting a GM who can acquire some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad