Player Discussion Victor Mete

The best thing to do for his development?

• Bring him to London

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • Bring him back with the first team

Votes: 25 51.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Huh the reason tinordi and beaulieu were afraid to make mistakes is because of the tyrant behind the bench. I don't believe in negative re-inforcements and benching players. It gives them too much time to dwell on the mistakes they made and then it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy instead of letting them go out there and correct their mistakes. Don't you agree?

No way Mete makes it with Therrien behind the bench. It was obvious we needed a center and Therrien still refused to play Galchenyuk at center so full marks to Julien and Mete for his success so far.

I agree. Just looking at Hudon, as well. Last camp, he was on the right side with DD and Carr. But this year, he was given a legit shot with Plekanec and Lehkonen.

It doesn't mean he would've made the team last year, but the coach didn't put him in a favorable spot to succeed. This year, he got that right off the bat.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I agree. Just looking at Hudon, as well. Last camp, he was on the right side with DD and Carr. But this year, he was given a legit shot with Plekanec and Lehkonen.

It doesn't mean he would've made the team last year, but the coach didn't put him in a favorable spot to succeed. This year, he got that right off the bat.

Do you think Mete would have been paired with Weber if Therrien was still here ?
You have your answer with the kind of chances Hudon had last year.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I find it funny that people keep thinking that keeping Mete means he's always gonna have the top match ups. You play him with Weber a few times, not all the time.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Cool Max. Now how about you tackle a real doozy and try and explain your annual disappearing trick that you perform every time the playoffs roll around.

That's the real mystery here.

What else was Pacioretty going to say? I hate these testimonials, they're totally meaningless. We can see for ourselves how well Mete is handling it. The biased opinion of a teammate is just puffery.

Reactions: aresknights

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

Sure, until the mindset changes.

If he struggles early on, he'll be back in junior. Don't see why they'd keep him around, especially as Schlemko comes back and Jerabek in the minors. He'll stay for the year if he keeps playing the way he did in pre-season.

Reactions: Jack Skellington

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
What else was Pacioretty going to say? I hate these testimonials, they're totally meaningless. We can see for ourselves how well Mete is handling it. The biased opinion of a teammate is just puffery.

Exactly, this is what I was getting at. Another cream puff cliche response that brings nothing to the conversation. Almost every NHL player does this. I don't put any stock into this kind of jargon. Just pointing out that there really is very little substance in those quotes.

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The mindset to go into the year that Mete will stick around is a positive outlook.

It doesn't matter if he is sent back to Junior in the end. It should help the kid to have a sense of assurance when he plays, even if the possibility to go back to Juniors is present.

Did they say if he'll be staying with someone while here?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It's refreshing to hear Claude Julien speak...

Like the attitude he has towards Mete, seems media/fans are a lot more concerned with their handling of Mete, than the coaching staff is.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Mete?

Anyone know what nationality that name is? (Yes, I know it's Canadian now). Awhile ago I heard Greek on TSN 690 but it doesn't look Greek to me.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Mete?
Anyone know what nationality that name is? (Yes, I know it's Canadian now). Awhile ago I heard Greek on TSN 690 but it doesn't look Greek to me.

Looks like it could be from the UK. (Either GB or Wales)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad