Confirmed with Link: Victor Mete Claimed by Ottawa Senators

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Mete wasn't a disaster in the last playoffs. He was on the ice FOR ONE SINGLE GOAL ALLOWED IN 10 GAMES, carrying Ouellet and playing on his offside. Explain to me how a player is a disaster when he allows only one goal on over 100 minutes of play and finishes with the team's highest on-ice save%. Not only this, but he had 2 pts in 6 games vs Philly while shitrot had 0 pts and finished -6 vs Philly.

You know, it's not because you can type on a keyboard that it means you'll write anything relevant.
Keep setting the record straight oz, that’s all we can do.

Jesker

May 8, 2010
Montreal
Mete wasn't a disaster in the last playoffs. He was on the ice FOR ONE SINGLE GOAL ALLOWED IN 10 GAMES, carrying Ouellet and playing on his offside. Explain to me how a player is a disaster when he allows only one goal on over 100 minutes of play and finishes with the team's highest on-ice save%. Not only this, but he had 2 pts in 6 games vs Philly while shitrot had 0 pts and finished -6 vs Philly.

You know, it's not because you can type on a keyboard that it means you'll write anything relevant.

Don't cry, it's okay.

I couldn't care less of many goals he was on the ice for, looking at him play was an adventure of itself. What is Mete's strenght ? Skating, transitional play, moving the needle ? He didn't do a single thing of that in last year playoffs and he was handling the puck like a grenade (a la Scandella) yet it's supposed to be a strenght of his...

I actually watched every game and I just kept saying to myself get this guy out of the ice before his ERRORS will results in GOALS soon enough, and while it may just be one, let's be thankfull he didn't face the best lines on the other side, night in, night out.

It's pretty simple with Mete, his strenghts aren't good enough to cover his weaknesses. It's so hard for a small defenseman to play good D and he's not good enough offensively to justify him in the line up... Did the Habs messed up playing him on the bad side ? Maybe. And I wouldn't want to play with Ouellet, ever. That's all fair. But saying is he so much better than Kulak is just not true. I'm sorry. I don't know what's the point of overrating players. They're both low pairing D's.

Sad of losing him for nothing ? Absolutely. But apparently there was no market for him.

I'm not saying Kulak is a god and he is shit, but we're talking about two marginals D's. Chill out :huh:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Sadder that we lost Juulsen and Mete for nothing and then had to handcuff the team by acquiring two D’s .
GM can’t be fired fast enough.

My bigger problem with him than the bottom pairing on D is his inability and lack of interest in prioritizing high end talent, both at forward and at D.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Sadder that we lost Juulsen and Mete for nothing and then had to handcuff the team by acquiring two D’s .
GM can’t be fired fast enough.

Can we stop talking about Juulsen? The guy is probably done. Even Ekblad's long term injury didn't earn him a spot in the top6. He barely plays at all. He'll probably go to Europe (or Ottawa)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Can we stop talking about Juulsen? The guy is probably done. Even Ekblad's long term injury didn't earn him a spot in the top6. He barely plays at all. He'll probably go to Europe (or Ottawa)

People are free to talk about Juulsen. I don't know why you think he's probably done though. He was playing with the panthers, he got hit from behind into the boards, he went on IR, then he went to the AHL on a conditioning stint, now he's back on the panthers roster. They have 9 D though so what they should do is just send him down so we can pick him off waivers and put him in Laval. Next year let him, Fleury, Brook, Leskinen, plus whoever fight it out for the 6th D, 7th D spots.

What he needs is to be on a non contender next year like Mete, just get in games and have a team that can live with the mistakes. Maybe in a year or so he'll be back to where he was.

mbz

Jun 10, 2008
Moncton, NB
The grass is always greener on the other side for Bergevin, he keeps aquiring useless players that are actually worse than what we already have. Reminds me of the Dwight King era. He has no plan, no vision. His time is done, he needs to go.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
People are free to talk about Juulsen. I don't know why you think he's probably done though. He was playing with the panthers, he got hit from behind into the boards, he went on IR, then he went to the AHL on a conditioning stint, now he's back on the panthers roster. They have 9 D though so what they should do is just send him down so we can pick him off waivers and put him in Laval. Next year let him, Fleury, Brook, Leskinen, plus whoever fight it out for the 6th D, 7th D spots.

What he needs is to be on a non contender next year like Mete, just get in games and have a team that can live with the mistakes. Maybe in a year or so he'll be back to where he was.

More or less like you said. His history of injuries would make me believe he's done. At some point you gotta decide if you really want to play hockey as a job. He still gets paid but he has rarely played in the last 3 years? I don't know many teams would line up to get him so I suggested Europe. It's probably the best for him if he still want to play

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
The grass is always greener on the other side for Bergevin, he keeps aquiring useless players that are actually worse than what we already have. Reminds me of the Dwight King era. He has no plan, no vision. His time is done, he needs to go.

The Dwight King era is still this era

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
We saw something similar for Scherbak and another lame player the Habs waived (I forget his name).
Is always amazing how our fans hate certain players when they were here because they were trash and love them once they join another team. Comical really :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad