Player Discussion: Victor Hedman

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Hedman's lucky because he's not gonna win. Kuch and Vasy envy him right now.

Worse will be if Cooper wins the Adams.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Hedman's lucky because he's not gonna win. Kuch and Vasy envy him right now.

Worse will be if Cooper wins the Adams.

No kidding, imagine giving a speech after that performance - especially on the Adams.

Hedman as a finalist is hilarious, I bet he got a ton of 2nd/3rd place votes from Toronto voters throwing off Burns and Gio while other voters did the same.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
No kidding, imagine giving a speech after that performance - especially on the Adams.

Hedman as a finalist is hilarious, I bet he got a ton of 2nd/3rd place votes from Toronto voters throwing off Burns and Gio while other voters did the same.

Yeah, that sort of shows how much reputation plays a part in the award, so long as somebody has the numbers to be in the conversation. It's arguable whether or not Hedman had a better year than McDonagh. It felt like he spent the year in cruise control, gearing up for the playoffs, but then the untimely injury took that opportunity away.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
There are a few players who could’ve had the nomination but I feel like Hedman is plenty worthy as well. Rielly might be the worst defensive D in the league and had an unsustainable offensive year so him not being nominated should not be a surprise.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Piece in the athletic today about Tampas all time team. Here's what Bill Bradley had to say about Hedman:

He might go down as the greatest player to ever play here, maybe beat Marty one day,” Bradley said. “He’s that player that you’ll never (bleeping) see again. He does everything so well. You can sit here and say, ‘What happened in the playoffs?’ To me, what happened is we lost our (bleeping) best player. Our best player is Hedman. He wasn’t good for the first two games (dealing with an upper-body injury) and we didn’t recoup after that.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
I had to take Carlsson as my first D and was planning on getting Heddy the next round, but he was gone :(
I took Carlson and Karlsson back-to-back with my 2nd and 3rd rounder, speculating that EK65 would have done great things this season. Boy oh boy was I wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad