Player Discussion: Victor Hedman

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I can already see people saying he only won because he was "due".

He kind of did. But he was due for good reason.

This doesn't change anything, I know, but it's kind of awesome to now have our D built around an official Norris winner.

Reactions: Hockey4Life91

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Hedman by rights could have won it last year and had been justified. But off the top of my head I can't remember the last defenseman to do it without his team in the postseason.

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
He kind of did. But he was due for good reason.

This doesn't change anything, I know, but it's kind of awesome to now have our D built around an official Norris winner.
I agree. I remember being so happy when the Islanders took Tavares. VH was the obvious choice with Stamkos on board. VH is an absolute stallion. And he’s gotten better every year, except this year as he has pretty much reached his peak. All that is left is for him to hit the net more often and use the body a little more. But there’s truly not another dman in the league I would take over him.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I agree. I remember being so happy when the Islanders took Tavares. VH was the obvious choice with Stamkos on board. VH is an absolute stallion. And he’s gotten better every year, except this year as he has pretty much reached his peak. All that is left is for him to hit the net more often and use the body a little more. But there’s truly not another dman in the league I would take over him.
If sergachev becomes as great as hedman I will be so happy!

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Hedman by rights could have won it last year and had been justified. But off the top of my head I can't remember the last defenseman to do it without his team in the postseason.

He was clearly 3rd last year, he played Burns and Karlssons game except they did it better. He was the easy choice this year however.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
What idiot gave Hedman a 5th place vote?
Take a look at any voting and you'll be wondering what kind of dumbasses are voting them. Someone have Gourde a 1st place vote in the Calder Trophy voting.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Just because he wasn't as good as he was last year doesn't mean he wasn't the best in the league this year. All three performances from the 2017 finalists would be tops this year.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Just because he wasn't as good as he was last year doesn't mean he wasn't the best in the league this year. All three performances from the 2017 finalists would be tops this year.
To reinforce this point - last season was the like the fourth time in history that 3 Dmen ended up top 20 in scoring. This season, the highest Dman in scoring was 40th.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
So happy for Heddy, so well deserved and the speech was great.

Last edited:

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018

I just love this kid’s attitude. I remember thinking when I read his quote about wanting first and foremost to be strong defensively that this kid was going to be a good one - a lot of young, skilled offensive defensemen don’t have the maturity to care about their own zone like that. He obviously has the talent to be great and the fact that he clearly embraces the idea that he still has much to learn (again, not something every talented young player has the maturity to recognize) makes me think the sky’s the limit for him.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Somebody actually voted against Ken Griffey Jr. for the Baseball HoF. Hell, multiple people voted against Babe Ruth, if you can imagine that.
Maybe I could if I knew even the slightest about baseball.

Reactions: Hoek
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad