Player Discussion: Victor Hedman

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I kind of think he wins based on the last few years combined. Sort of like the way the Selke works. Hedman's been around the award for a few years now, and I doubt even the writers have seen enough of both him and Doughty to make a seriously informed decision, so I think Hedman walks away with it based on reputation, which also is made up of his playoff performances in 15 and 16, when people actually did watch him night in, night out.

waterboy65

Jul 7, 2017
With Kuch and Vasy really out of it for other awards, this team needs to have at least one player recognized and Hedman is the best way to reward with a Norris Trophy win. His offensive stats are better than Doughty or Subban and not sure if Doughty justifies selection based on LA Kings having a so-so reg season.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
With Kuch and Vasy really out of it for other awards, this team needs to have at least one player recognized and Hedman is the best way to reward with a Norris Trophy win. His offensive stats are better than Doughty or Subban and not sure if Doughty justifies selection based on LA Kings having a so-so reg season.

This makes zero sense.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Didn't see a lot of Doughty this year, but I wasn't overly impressed with what I saw against Vegas. I think his ego actually works against him at times, and I'm not even talking about the hit. He's a rockstar, good and bad. He takes risks he doesn't need to at times.

As for Subban, if Hedman's matching his offensive output then there's not a whole lot of room for debate. Hedman's legitimately top tier in his own end. There are plenty of nights where you could argue that Subban's only the third best Dman on that team.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
What a player this guy is.

The Lightning are an interest team. Over a fairly quick period, they've really assembled some franchise all-time greats

Lecavalier
Richards
St. Louis
Khabibulin
Hamrlik
Boyle
Stamkos
Hedman
Kucherov
Vasilevskiy (when he wins the Vezina, he should!)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Sounds crazy until you realize all the **** teams MSL played on, Victor Hedman has 74 playoff games under his belt at age 27, MSL had 63 in total at age 37.

MSL was barely an NHL regular at age 27.

One of the reasons why I always hate trying to compare players' development based on age. Some guys are Jeff Skinner, some guys are Yanni Gourde.

Reactions: LonLon Lei

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
MSL was barely an NHL regular at age 27.

One of the reasons why I always hate trying to compare players' development based on age. Some guys are Jeff Skinner, some guys are Yanni Gourde.

That's not the point, it's moreso that the guys on the team now are given much more of a chance because of how better managed they are. Replace MSL with Lecavalier who played 15 years in Tampa starting at 18 years old with only 63 playoff games to show for it, Johnson, Kucherov , and Palat can all pass that mark this year in only their 5th season.

Reactions: Hoek and LonLon Lei

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
What a player this guy is.

The Lightning are an interest team. Over a fairly quick period, they've really assembled some franchise all-time greats

Lecavalier
Richards
St. Louis
Khabibulin
Hamrlik
Boyle
Stamkos
Hedman
Kucherov
Vasilevskiy (when he wins the Vezina, he should!)
Bishop too.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
He deserved it. Thankfully his efforts this season and postseason were not wasted. He is truly on his way to legend status.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I can already see people saying he only won because he was "due".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad