Player Discussion: Victor Hedman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Well, comparing to Lidstrom I stand by my view that Hedman is superior in the psychical part of the game, not to forget his presence. When Hedman is on his game he is a monster. Lidstrom was superior in some other aspects of the game.

I say it again, I adore Lidstrom and he is one of my all time favorite players too.

This also has to do with what type of d-man I personslly would prefer in my team (in a dream world). Having to choose only one of them in their prime, yes, I would pick Hedman.
Hedman is great and maybe border line HOF. Lidstrom has seven Norris Trophies and has multiple cups. The season he retired Detroit lost its playoff streak. This is not a coencidence. Lidstrom is in a generational class for defensenman. Orr and him are the only to win 3 straight Norris Trophies. Both have great stats and are great players, but Lidstrom is just the best defenseman in modern hockey and Hedman. Hedman still has about 12 seasons left to make his case.
Hedman
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Lidstrom
[TFOOT] [/TFOOT]

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Hedman is great and maybe border line HOF. Lidstrom has seven Norris Trophies and has multiple cups. The season he retired Detroit lost its playoff streak. This is not a coencidence. Lidstrom is in a generational class for defensenman. Orr and him are the only to win 3 straight Norris Trophies. Both have great stats and are great players, but Lidstrom is just the best defenseman in modern hockey and Hedman. Hedman still has about 12 seasons left to make his case.
Hedman
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Lidstrom
[TFOOT] [/TFOOT]
While your point is taken, Lidstrom retired in 2012, and the Wings' streak ended in 2017.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Hedman
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Lidstrom
[TFOOT] [/TFOOT]

You must mean Pavel Datsyuk.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Hedman
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Lidstrom
[TFOOT] [/TFOOT]
Harvey won 4 and 3 in a row. Pierre Pilote won 3 in a row.

Reactions: The Macho Man

copperlion

Aug 6, 2019
Heddys got a lot of time in his career to cement his legacy. Comparing him to Lidstrom now does him no good. Let’s see where he’s at near the end of his career. He is dominant when he is on his game though and I believe with more experience he can be even better. Remember 3 years ago he couldn’t do that touch pass to Stamkos? Now it’s flawless - you don’t really appreciate it until you see someone else try to take over on the PP who can’t do that - and that is just one of the aspects of his game. His breakout passes are elite and very few d men can thread the needle 150+ feet at such speed like he can.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
hedman for sure is on way to hall of fame career his game is not same as lidstroms so not sure if that is a good guy to choose

lidstrom was really about always being in right place hedman has more of chelios or coffey type of play in games..... he has the speed size to get to right place if is out of position etc... his reach is incredible too

you could spend gamesssss trying to find lidstrom out of position as offense came onto his zone and you would go most games he was never out of place guy was cerebral

cool thing is watching serge play is a lot like watching vladdy play and vladdy honestly when got hurt might have been surpassing lidstrom as best d man in game...... just cause he had more physicality and brought other little things into it that serge seems to be picking up on

we are very lucky having these guys for the upcoming years

hopefully foote and cernak can pick it up also and we have best d in league for a very long time :)

Reactions: Still All In

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Hedman
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Lidstrom
[TFOOT] [/TFOOT]
Yeah, i'm a huge Hedman fan but Lidstrom is just... there wasn't anyone like him. Orr had more offense and could take over games, Heddy can do that from time to time, can be more physical than Lidstrom, but Lidstrom would stop your game from ever getting off the ground. He was incredible.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
hedman for sure is on way to hall of fame career his game is not same as lidstroms so not sure if that is a good guy to choose

lidstrom was really about always being in right place hedman has more of chelios or coffey type of play in games..... he has the speed size to get to right place if is out of position etc... his reach is incredible too

you could spend gamesssss trying to find lidstrom out of position as offense came onto his zone and you would go most games he was never out of place guy was cerebral

cool thing is watching serge play is a lot like watching vladdy play and vladdy honestly when got hurt might have been surpassing lidstrom as best d man in game...... just cause he had more physicality and brought other little things into it that serge seems to be picking up on

we are very lucky having these guys for the upcoming years

hopefully foote and cernak can pick it up also and we have best d in league for a very long time :)
Ooh, Paul Coffey might be a great comparison for him. Its tough to side-by-side the early years though because the early years in Coffeys career were with alcoholic goaltenders that couldn't play butterfly.

Chromolith

Jul 6, 2010
C93C3A49-C90C-4F45-893F-E9F7EC8F76A2.jpeg
F4095EA4-A786-45A0-8DE1-6D04E2BC6650.jpeg

lol what

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Yeah, i'm a huge Hedman fan but Lidstrom is just... there wasn't anyone like him. Orr had more offense and could take over games, Heddy can do that from time to time, can be more physical than Lidstrom, but Lidstrom would stop your game from ever getting off the ground. He was incredible.
Fun fact, Hedman is the first defenseman with 4 straight Norris nominations since... Nicklas Lidstrom.

Of course, Lidstrom also had a run of 6 consecutive nominations preceding that 4 year run. Ridiculous.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I think it'll go to Carlson because of how hot he was to start the season and his point totals. Wish and hope Heddy gets another Norris though.

He's without a doubt the most complete defensemen in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad