Player Discussion: Victor Hedman

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Dudes a bust, just watch the Columbus game. Maybe we can be lucky enough to get that stud Yakupov for him.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Still has defensive lapses here and there but nowhere near as bad as his first couple years in the league, love that his offense has grown leaps and bounds though.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
I don't think he'll ever be a top 5 defender but that's ok, his offense more than makes up for it. Should be considered a top 20 d now and possibly top 10 soon.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
manager for the swedish national team said:
on leaving Hedman out of even the reserve team (and instead including people like Erik Gustafsson...): "He's a great guy, but Victor is both and nothing. He is capable of playing both roles (offensive and defensive) but then you fail at playing either of the roles all the way". [Det är en jättego kille, men Victor är både och. Han klarar båda rollerna (offensivt och defensivt) men då klarar man inte någon av rollerna riktigt på topp]

this is like getting a solid stone cold turn down by a legit 4.5 or a soft 5 in the dance club lmao

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
victor hedman gonna cry hisself to sleep on his IKEA bed and also possible onto a plate of meatballs according to me, the world's worst racist

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Get ready for the Hedmonster tonight. Coming off an injury. We know what that looks like.

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
I know we are all Homers here. lol

But where would you rank these Olympic Swedish stud defenseman including Hedman?

Where would you insert hedman?

And the real Q is that there has to be something going on that we don't know about, but what happened? (and from what I heard is that he is not even on the reserve list, meaning if someone gets hurt Hedman will not even be a consideration to join the team) just WOW.

Defensemen:
Alexander Edler, Vancouver Canucks (NHL)
Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Phoenix Coyotes (NHL)
Jonathan Ericsson , Detroit Red Wings (NHL)
Niklas Hjalmarsson, Chicago Blackhawks (NHL)
Erik Karlsson, Ottawa Senators (NHL)
Niklas Kronwall, Detroit Red Wings (NHL)
Johnny Oduya, Chicago Blackhawks (NHL)
Henrik Tallinder , Buffalo Sabres (NHL)

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

But where would you rank these Olympic Swedish stud defenseman including Hedman?

And the real Q is that there has to be something going on that we don't know about, but what happened? (and from what I heard is that he is not even on the reserve list, meaning if someone gets hurt Hedman will not even be a consideration to join the team) just WOW.

Defensemen:

No kidding. :laugh:

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
The only problem with having him on your blueline is you realize how badly we could use a second of him. Cloning machine a-la Steve Urkel?

garmonbozia

Jan 10, 2006

Defensemen:

Right now? I'd put him a hair behind OEL and a hair in front of Karlsson, all 3 well ahead of everybody else, though I'd have Hjalmarsson closest at 4th.

After Hedman collects his first Norris this offseason? I'll say he's better than the whole damned list!

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Right now? I'd put him a hair behind OEL and a hair in front of Karlsson, all 3 well ahead of everybody else, though I'd have Hjalmarsson closest at 4th.

After Hedman collects his first Norris this offseason? I'll say he's better than the whole damned list!

He won't be sniffing a Norris with Keith and Pietrangelo in contention, but the fact the he'll soon be mentioned in the same level as those guys is already a win.

In all honesty it was getting real tiring watching Hedman take 1 step forward, 2 steps back for years, especially last year after his great first 20 games. This year it's like he's taken 20 steps forward and isn't even close to going back.

Callum

Jun 8, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
He won't be sniffing a Norris with Keith and Pietrangelo in contention, but the fact the he'll soon be mentioned in the same level as those guys is already a win.

In all honesty it was getting real tiring watching Hedman take 1 step forward, 2 steps back for years, especially last year after his great first 20 games. This year it's like he's taken 20 steps forward and isn't even close to going back.

Probably about 2 years and a good d partner away from Norris contention. By the end of next season hopefully everyone will stop underrating him.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

I agree he has no chance with Keith and Pietrangelo ahead of him but don't think he's that far off that. The top 10 scorers the Chicago and St. Louis pair plus him are the only ones not in the negative in +/-, I know it's not a great stat but shows be not just an offensive weapon. He's got the least PP points and most SH so he's dangerous any time he's on the ice.

I know he can't keep up his current pace but if he can stay in the top 15 in points while we stay a top team he'll get some votes.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
He will win more than one Norris in his career. He has not even scratched the surface on how good he will be as a player. Pronger clone and will put up better offensive seasons in his peak.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
He will win more than one Norris in his career. He has not even scratched the surface on how good he will be as a player. Pronger clone and will put up better offensive seasons in his peak.

He's will never be a Pronger clone. They are 2 very different players.

The Hockey Hitman

Jul 26, 2006
Hedman has come a long way for sure and is emerging.

And yeah Hedman/Pronger are def not comparables. Hedman just doesn't have a mean bone in his body.

And lots of great dmen never win the Norris. I could see Hedman getting nominated a couple times in the future if he continues trending upward.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
A tip of the cap to Carle, Gudas, and Salo, for shouldering some of the load and allowing Hedman to develop. Two years ago, the offense wasn't there, he wasn't physical, and suffered a concussion near the end of the season. Things looked dim before we got some legit help in the backend. No secret as to why last season he made major strides, which he is continuing through this season.

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

The 2008-09 season was a frustrating one for the Tampa Bay Lightning. They finished with a league-worst 24 wins and managed only 66 total points. The team was particularly weak in their own end, as they allowed an average of 32 shots per game and finished the season with a 3.28 goals against average.

Heading into the 2009 NHL Draft, there were not many highly-ranked goaltenders available; in fact, none were selected in the first round. And with a permeable defense that lacked big names, the much-hyped Victor Hedman was a perfect fit for the rebuilding team, particularly since the Lightning had drafted budding superstar center Steven Stamkos the year prior.… read more

More...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad