Player Discussion: Victor Hedman - Part 2: Norris God and Norse God

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Yeah something’s off, hopefully just some minor stuff.
I feel like is just wear and tear from fatigue from playing more minutes and more games per week than usual. When we get Savard playing. I hope they cut back him and McD minutes. Give Cernak, Savard,Foote and Sergachev a few more a night and give them the chance to grow. We need a fully rested and healthy McD and Hedmonster for a cup run. Especially if we don't have our super power offense.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Could just be some fatigue. We've played a lot of hockey the last year. A deep playoff run can eventually catch up to you late in the next season.

I hope he gets some lessened minutes and hell even a game or two in the last handful of games, rest up for playoffs.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
He has to get right or the Lightning will go down early. We know he’s great don’t know what’s wrong. He sucks right now.

Reactions: Hoek

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I still think he should sit the last 2 games of the season and rest.

Idk how many days off between the last game and playoffs start date will be, could only be like a day or two. I'd love for him to get like 5 days off.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I could give you a thousand reasons why I hate +/- but Hedman is -12 in his last 12 games. That uhh, not great.

Reactions: zeykshade

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
It seems that Fox is taking over the Norris race. But I'd rather have Hedman rested and healthy before the playoffs than continue to play him at high minutes every night, even if it costs him the award.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
It seems that Fox is taking over the Norris race. But I'd rather have Hedman rested and healthy before the playoffs than continue to play him at high minutes every night, even if it costs him the award.
Cup > Conn Smythe > Norris.

We have 2 games against Detroit coming up. Let him sit those out. If we're already locked at 3rd seed (we're not getting #1) then rest him against Florida the last two games of the season

Reactions: Five Alarm Fire

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

I think Hedman's chances are still good because the Rangers won't make the playoffs, I'm not going to advocate that Hedman is the runaway favorite given these last 10 games. I don't think we have to sit him unless it's an injury precaution, Tampa will be one of the teams with about a week off between the end of season and start of playoffs due to rescheduled games.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Yeah, Heddy's not been good enough this season for him to get this year's Norris.
Hopefully he will get back on track for playoffs or we will crumble.

Also, wtf was this

Reactions: NatoGhost

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Yeah, Heddy's not been good enough this season for him to get this year's Norris.
Hopefully he will get back on track for playoffs or we will crumble.

Also, wtf was this

Part of me hopes that Fox wins it so the Rangers fans on the main boards can calm down :laugh:

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
As long as we get Playoff Hedman back I don't care how bad he's been playing lately.

I think Coop needs to decide, do we try and chase 1st place or at least home ice against Florida.... or do we accept 3rd and rest our guys, cause they need it

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
As long as we get Playoff Hedman back I don't care how bad he's been playing lately.

I think Coop needs to decide, do we try and chase 1st place or at least home ice against Florida.... or do we accept 3rd and rest our guys, cause they need it
We're limited on who we can rest because of the Cap. I'm also frankly less worried about it for the skaters - you can cut their minutes in a game but keep them "in game shape" and working on details. Being able to sit Vasilevskiy was a much bigger deal to me, and I love that he got the entire back to back off. Good for Coop there.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
We're limited on who we can rest because of the Cap. I'm also frankly less worried about it for the skaters - you can cut their minutes in a game but keep them "in game shape" and working on details. Being able to sit Vasilevskiy was a much bigger deal to me, and I love that he got the entire back to back off. Good for Coop there.
Agreed on Vasi. Almost a full week off between games for him

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
He’s clearly hurt and not really all the effective 5v5 right now. The Panthers are abusing him. The Lightning have one good pairing right now. And he’s not on it. May try Serge on his right to see what happens.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Is he the clear favorite for the Norris?

Not the favorite but I think he has a decent shot, that poor second half went pretty noticed, it pretty much tanked his numbers outside of point totals but he also has a huge name factor that does play into these awards.

I think Fox was the best defenseman start to finish this year but his team didn't make the playoffs so he'll likely finish 3rd. Makar missed too many games and his numbers are the best but not enough to justify missing 25% of the season.

Reactions: Hoek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad