Victor Hedman - Future Hall of Famer

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Yep, McDavids trophy case at this point is an automatic ticket in.

Not so sure it beats Kucherov's at this point, I mean he could very well had this Smythe(not to take anything away from Hedman) and his peak is superior to McDavids so far.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Hedman is absolutely a first-ballot lock, I would have said it even if he didn't win the Smythe, I think he'll collect at least one more Norris.

I don't know about Stamkos on the first-ballot but he'll get in, Kucherov is probably a first-ballot guy.

Vasi is trajecting but Point needs hardware.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
If not for the fact that he plays in Tampa Hedman would have multiple Norris wins by now. Easily a first-balled Hall of Famer.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Not just yet.
One - rwi more dominant season, and hes in.
Trophys do counts, bur its not all.
Dominance uunder a period of tine, consistency, longevity is I think more important. In two seasons, yes.
Otherwise Ozolinsh would be a hall of famer with all his cups. He isnt.

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
Not just yet.
Dominance uunder a period of tine, consistency, longevity is I think more important. In two seasons, yes.

VH has a Norris and multiple top 3 finishes, plus the Conn Smythe. Sandis Ozolinsh is a misplaced comparison. He had one top-3 finish for the Norris, and, of course, no Conn Smythe.

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
VH has sealed his fate with the Stanley Cup and Conn Smythe. He could hang up the skates tomorrow and would be a surefire hall of famer. He is in rare air, winning both a Norris and Conn Smythe. Of course, assuming he stays injury free, he has many great years ahead of him. Given his silky smooth skating and incredible reach, I think he will play at a world class level well into his late 30s.

Stop, no he wouldn't. He's had a great-ish career as of now, but he still needs to build on it. He needs to be a top 5 defenseman for maybe 3 more years and then you could call him a HOF.

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
Not just yet.

Sandis Ozolinsh has 1 cup and not multiple ones and he's not even among the top 400 players of all time.

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
Lock for sure.

As is Stamkos.

Kucherov is on his way to becoming a lock.

Vasilevskiy is a lock with another Vezina imo.

Cooper is a lock with another coach.

If Stamkos retired today, he's not going in. He's had 4 really great seasons and the rest are really average to below average for a HOF'er. Stamkos needs to have another 2 really good seasons to become a lock.

Kucherov isn't anywhere near being a lock and needs to have 4 more great seasons to be considered.

Vasilevskiy has the toughest road to go as there's a huge back-up for goalies going into the Hall as it is now. A few more seasons as a Vezina nominee would help to go with another cup.

Jon Copper also has a long way to go. There are quite a few legendary coaches that have been retired for a few years not in yet( and a few active that have had tons of success). If Copper can win maybe 3 to 4 cups, that would jump him towards as being a lock.

Reactions: User9992

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
If Stamkos retired today, he's not going in. He's had 4 really great seasons and the rest are really average to below average for a HOF'er. Stamkos needs to have another 2 really good seasons to become a lock.

Kucherov isn't anywhere near being a lock and needs to have 4 more great seasons to be considered.

Vasilevskiy has the toughest road to go as there's a huge back-up for goalies going into the Hall as it is now. A few more seasons as a Vezina nominee would help to go with another cup.

Jon Copper also has a long way to go. There are quite a few legendary coaches that have been retired for a few years not in yet( and a few active that have had tons of success). If Copper can win maybe 3 to 4 cups, that would jump him towards as being a lock.

Stamkos is extremely close to being a lock right now despite the injuries.

Kucherov is also pretty close right now as well.

He will not need 4 more great seasons and for Stamkos he has 7 seasons top 10 in goals and 5 top 10 in points yet he only has 4 great seasons in your criteria.

It might be that you have a really high criteria on what a great season is but looking at the HHOF his 5th best season is probably pretty good among HHOF members.

Stamkos during his time in the NHL is the run away leader among Canadians in goals and is only behind Ovechkin in that time frame.

He is also the 2nd ranked Canadian behind Crosby and 6th overall in that time from form 08-09 to 19-20.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Stop, no he wouldn't. He's had a great-ish career as of now, but he still needs to build on it. He needs to be a top 5 defenseman for maybe 3 more years and then you could call him a HOF.

Hedman has been top 3 in Norris voting 4 years straight and now has a Conn Smythe.

He also has a 7th and 9th place finish along with another almost lock top 10 finish in 14-15 which was shortened by injury and he played in only 55 games.

If he is another top 5 Dman for the next 5 years he would be in rare territory.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I highly doubt vas gets another vezina but i do agree if he does he is in and cooper should be if he either keeps this run going for a few more years or is able to duplicate it with another team. A coach of the year does it for sure but i think he has ways in without that. This tampa team has been really good for a really long time. Going to get some retired numbers and hofers for sure.

Why would Vas not get another Vezina, of anyone on the Lightning he's the most likely to lock up another major award. Guys not even in his prime yet.

Reactions: User9992

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->