Recalled/Assigned: Victor Brattstrom recalled to Detroit

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – The Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday recalled goaltender Victor Brattstrom from the Grand Rapids Griffins.

Brattstrom will join Detroit’s active roster for the first time in his career, as he was featured on the Red Wings’ taxi squad from Dec. 26-29. Brattstrom was a sixth-round draft choice of the Red Wings in 2018 and is in the midst of his rookie campaign in North America. The Goteborg, Sweden, native has a 6-10-3 record in the AHL this campaign with one shutout. The 25-year-old has logged a 3.55 goals against average and a 0.890 save percentage with the Griffins. Brattstrom also appeared in three games with the Toledo Walleye (ECHL) from Nov. 19-Dec. 4, recording a 2-1-0 ledger with a 4.25 goals against average and a 0.829 save percentage. Brattstrom allowed three goals or less in two of his three appearances with Toledo.

Last season, the netminder competed with KooKoo in the Liiga, the top professional hockey league in Finland. Brattstrom showed a 18-12-7 mark, a 2.20 goals against average and a 0.903 save percentage during his time with KooKoo. Prior to his move to Finland, the rookie played for Timrå IK in the SHL and HockeyAllsvenskan in Sweden. From 2017-20 in his home country, Brattstrom amassed a 2.25 goals against average, a 0.902 save percentage and a 48-31 record.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Here we go, an AHL guy who has terrible AHL stats. If he plays a game I expect a shutout.....................for the other team. Hope we keep it under 6 against! I don't blame Steve though, as our current goalies are doing so bad you have to maybe try anything.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Wings 4th string goalie. Sure hope Ned stays healthy.
What's the worst that can happen? Someone scores 11 goals on the Wings?

Or one of the worst teams in the league gets 9?

Honestly as I type this I kinda think they should start him next game. Maybe that will inspire the team to actually commit to defense.

Reactions: TheOtherOne

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I still want to see Blash in net.

Who's the Wings' emergency third man? Salajko? Ozzie? (That would be hilarious if he stepped out of the booth and on to the ice)

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I still want to see Blash in net.

Who's the Wings' emergency third man? Salajko? Ozzie? (That would be hilarious if he stepped out of the booth and on to the ice)
Only if Ozzy is mic'd up and has a beer in his water bottle holder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad