Prospect Info: Victor Arvidsson -Nash 112 Overall (Signed ELC)

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
There's no confirmation he(or Fiala) are coming to NA. Signing an ELC means nothing. In fact, everything seems to indicate both will still be in Sweden this season. Teams often like to get the ELC out of the way early for players the are high on.

http://www.hockeysverige.se/2014/07...pa-for-nashville-tionde-svensken-i-nashville/

Third paragraph, in English:

It was speculated early on [whether] Arvidsson would stay in Skelleftea or not and Swedish scout Lucas Bergman said in connection with the draft pick that most indicated that it would be a year to [the] SHL, but Arvidsson [him]self proclaimed recently that he will do everything to take [a] place in the NHL this coming season.

It sure sounds like he plans on being in North America this year.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Think he'll be back sooner than you expect... His gf has posted on Facebook that they're moving and selling all their furniture, doubt they're just moving to a new place in Skellefteå...

BsmiiPnIYAAcTpp.jpg

There's no confirmation he(or Fiala) are coming to NA. Signing an ELC means nothing. In fact, everything seems to indicate both will still be in Sweden this season. Teams often like to get the ELC out of the way early for players the are high on.

I think this tweet is what a lot of the speculation is based upon. question is are we missing something in translation? otherwise why sell all your stuff ?

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
http://www.hockeysverige.se/2014/07...pa-for-nashville-tionde-svensken-i-nashville/

Third paragraph, in English:

It sure sounds like he plans on being in North America this year.

Sure, it sounds like if he makes the team he will stay in North America. Who wouldn't?

That's different than putting himself in a situation where he plays in the AHL this year to get a cup of coffee in the NHL as opposed to being a star in Sweden. Compare it to Mattias Ekholm a few years ago.

If he comes in, has a great camp and they tell him, "you're our first call-up if you stick around, and there's a good chance you dont go back down," then sure, maybe...but otherwise, if he's coming over to be just 'in the system,' then I don't think it's going to happen.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
http://norran.se/sport/hockey-lokalt/arvidsson-lamnar-skelleftea-aik-233453

Next forward who leaves the reigning champions Viktor Arvidsson. The forward has signed with the Nashville Predators.

A few weeks ago was drafted Viktor Arvidsson of the Nashville Predators, after that a lot of the talk centered on whether Arvidsson will stay in Skellefteå AIK another season or go over and take a shot in the NHL right away.

Now we have the answer: Arvidsson take the chance right away and thus is next forward star leaving SHL champion.

Arvidsson has signed a three-year rookie contract - a contract that is a two-way.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
This could be the steal of the draft. Passed over twice(I'm guessing a character issue) but with top six, maybe even top three upside. Should hopefully be in Milwaukee this year, at age 21.

A slam dunk gamble in round 4.

Got to go back and like a post made before there were Like's on the board.
Stick tap on this post NMK.
Mods you may want to move this one post into the prospect thread to avoid confusion...

And Hat tip to whoever linked it in the thread about our Giant Czeh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad