Player Discussion Victor Antipin

dang111

Oct 20, 2017

Incompetent management by BUF

What a shame it'd be if this happens. I'm not saying Antipin would be a top 2 D but constantly scratching him on a last place team over ****ing Beaulieu and the rest of the D dumpster fire is complete insanity. Good luck signing any more Russian FAs after this.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Black mark for Botterill and Housley if Antipin goes back to Russia. You don't treat a 24 year old KHL All-Star who's made a pretty brave move to come to the worst team in the NHL without much English the way you treat a teenage rookie from junior or a young AHL prospect.

Idiots.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
I google earthed Magnitagorsk. Looks like the most miserable city on the planet. If he bolts back there, it's saying a lot.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He still managed to be 4th on the team in scoring by defensemen. That's a good thing right? Right?

:help::cry:

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Antipin has the skilkset to dominate on the 3rd pair and in pp2 time. I don't see him eating top 4 minutes.

I look forward to his development if he stays

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
As I said around the exit interview, if Housley returns - and everyone knew he'd return - I couldn't see Antipin coming back to Buffalo given his role here this year. I know Winnipeg was looking at him last summer, and their Euro scout was at a bunch of our games leading up to the deadline, so perhaps we can make a minor trade with the Jets and get something in return for him (e.g., Petan).

Reactions: Chainshot

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
So incredibly frustrating. Growing pains were expected, but if GM and coach can't see there's something to work with there going forward (cheap rfa asset taboot), it doesn't give me a ton of faith in their player evaluations elsewhere.

Reactions: Kyndig and Danny14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad