Calle Jarnkrok - Nick Bonino - Ryan Hartman
Zac Rinaldo - Colton Sissons - Miikka Salomaki

Romas Josi - Ryan Ellis
Mattias Ekholm - P.K. Subban
Dan Hamhuis - Yannick Weber

Juuse Saros

-----

SOLI'S SHORTSIDE
  • Nashville won in Shelbyville last night. Don't have to stress the importance of taking advantage of these teams coming in on the second half of a back to back. Bruins looked tired during the 2nd and 3rd periods, important to not let up the pace.

• Pekka Rinne was injured last night and Juuse Saros came in for a bit of the third period.

• With Benning and Rattie injured, Gravel was recalled and may slot in with Bouchard. I don't care if his plane lands minutes before game time, do not dress Garrison. Yamamoto gets the bump to the McNuge line and Chiasson draws in for his first game with the Oilers this season.

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Rattie out at least a few weeks with a muscle injury. Gravel not playing tonight. Both per Todd.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
"Happy Birthday Evan ! On behalf of the club we would like to celebrate your birthday by pairing you with an aging anchor for tonight's game against one of the best teams in the league! Have fun !"

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Score an NHL goal, win the grand prize of getting to play on the top line with Connor McDavid. Come on up. Todays prize winner also receives a special autographed puck, framed picture of his reaction after the goal, praise by Lord McLellan, and a promissory of getting a mimimum of 5 shifts without getting McBlended.

Kind of tells you how flimsy the depth on this team.

But the bingo machine lands miraculously on Rieder-Drai-Pulju again so I'm a happy man living well..

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
Maybe if we ask nicely they will let us switch defenseman for the game.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Nothing against Yamo... But why is he gifted that RW spot after playing 1/10th of the games Jesse's been having to "prove himself"?

It's not like that second line was together enough last game to determine whether or not it worked well.

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
Nothing against Yamo... But why is he gifted that RW spot after playing 1/10th of the games Jesse's been having to "prove himself"?

It's not like that second line was together enough last game to determine whether or not it worked well.
I guess it's because they feel that Yamo brings more to that particular line, while Pulju and Draisaitl have looked pretty promising together in their limited minutes and Yamo has not.

Reactions: OilDrop37

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Whenever I see QE2 i think of the Ship

BTW

Next year when we get screwed over by playing fresh team after playing back to back games--this year and last year we were the fresh team on most night

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton

How I look at it is that Yams is more of a complimentary player to the first line, he doesn't need to do any heavy lifting himself, and I don't really think he has the ability to do so just yet.

On the second line, Pulju plays a more important role as a driver alongside Drai. For Yams, he basically has to just skate towards the net with his stick on the ice. JP is expected to create more.

I like the decision, actually, gives us a more balanced offence.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
The Oilers will have a 5th round draft choice on the ice for the first time at Rogers!

The Nashville Predators have recalled Miroslav Svoboda.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I hope Garrison can keep up with Nashvilles forwards, they bring lots of pressure.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Cause Draisaitl and Yamamoto have proven not to work together so far so they don't want to try that. They probably also don't want to throw a guy like Chiasson into the top 6 either.

Yamamoto can fill a similar role to Rattie with McDavid and Pulju and Draisaitl hopefully remember how to play two way hockey together.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Rattie out at least a few weeks with a muscle injury. Gravel not playing tonight. Both per Todd.

Sucks for Rattie. But I agree with Yams there tonight. Strong showing with first goal and full of P&V right now. Goid coaching move IMO.

Is there issues with Gravel getting in on time? Cause that's the only reason that he shouldn't play tonight.

Also... in other thread there was something about Tootoo tribute. Perhaps it would've been better to call up Bear if it's just to be here in emergency.

Reactions: Porkleaker

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Housekeeping things...

Happy birthday Evan! How many players get goals on their birthdays?...

Also, with the Predators in the house, we're honoring Jordin Tootoo on his NHL career.

Shouldve read further as I just posted!

The org should've brought up Bear if it's only to be on standby. Capable, not missing much AHL action, and probably would have appreciated it (more).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad