VHL General Discussion

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Lada improves in one day with a Alshevskiy line, and couple of marginal KHL guys from Spartak, of course giving up one of it's junior NT players to Spartak.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
New VHL team from Tula Mikhailov Academy (AKM in short) has made a lot of signings today, and their roster is shaping up to be pretty decent. They also signed partnership with Torpedo, which would improve them even more.

Reactions: Rigafan

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Sounds like a scandal is brewing in Khimik, where loaners from Spartak and people who left as FA's are owed some money. (In fairness Spartak Owners were supposed to be paid by Spartak)

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
So what's up with Humo? They haven't played a game for 15 months but they still maintain an active social media presence on numerous platforms. Any idea what the future holds for them and Uzbekistani hockey?

Reactions: VP and Witte49

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
So what's up with Humo? They haven't played a game for 15 months but they still maintain an active social media presence on numerous platforms. Any idea what the future holds for them and Uzbekistani hockey?

My guess is they are not playing this year, but might try to rejoin the next year?

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki

They just announced that they worked on returning for this upcoming season but just postponed those plans until things are more stable

Reactions: Urbanskog

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I am a little confused why are they signing so many "older" players to play in the Omsk VHL team. Almost seems like the goal is to be very competitive from the get-go, not developing players

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Well but most of the players they have signed are kind of uninspiring to say the least, no?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah, it will still depend on the youngsters punching above their weight first and foremost. Guys like Dervuk, Ugolnikov, Orlov, Kravchenko should ensure they don't just sink like a rock immediately. Sokolov I don't even know what to think about, I don't believe he will sign in the VHL. If he does Omsk has one of the biggest stars in the league in an instant though.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Ok, thanks. What about mhl?
No Chinese teams in the MHL. But, if you do not know, the MHL has two new teams - Molot Perm & Loko 76 Yaroslavl, 2nd MHL team for KHL´s Lokomotiv.

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
I will ask here...

The VHL is very interesting to me, though it doesn't make sense how it even operates. I cannot read Russian really so finding info I reply on you kind people who update but I would like to know more about the business side of this league, there seems to be no information out there?

So a team at random - Dizel Penza

Dizel appear to be an independent team, so they must not get any funding from any KHL affiliate. How do they make it work? They have a nice sized arena, but surely ticket prices are CHEAP, so that can't be it?

Looking at their site, the local government are the first sponsor mentioned - is this how they are operating? The government are paying for it all? I can't imagine there is much prize money/TV money being distributed by the VHL either? Sure salaries will be lower, but the league is still massive, so huge travel costs, equipment, housing etc etc.

Just curious so any insight is appreicated

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Looking at their site, the local government are the first sponsor mentioned - is this how they are operating? The government are paying for it all?
Yes, it operates same way KHL does, really: either local government, or a rich company, or a combination of both pays for it all.

This is oldie but a goodie about how VHL operates in general: Jan Zachrla on conditions in Klin: the only professional is the secretary - Eurohockey.com :laugh:

Although to be fair it does look like the league has become much more professional since. But once in a while some Klin-like projects emerge.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rigafan

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
Yes, it operates same way KHL does, really: either local government, or a rich company, or a combination of both pays for it all.

This is oldie but a goodie about how VHL operates in general: Jan Zachrla on conditions in Klin: the only professional is the secretary - Eurohockey.com :laugh:

Although to be fair it does look like the league has become much more professional since. But once in a while some Klin-like projects emerge.

That is a great read, thanks!

Guy wants to be mayor, was friends to a hockey player, so starts his own hockey team! Ha! I feel sorry for whoever was involved at that time. Though as you rightly state, the league does seem more professional now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->