VHL General Discussion

mkev400

Jul 21, 2016
Any particular reason for their withdrawal? I mean they only played a single season...

VP

Jul 1, 2016
All three Chinese teams have withdrawn, so VHL starts on 4th of September with 26 teams, all from Russia.
Why? I understand the travel restrictions but they could play their season in Russia like kunlun red star and one of their junior team last season. Maybe not all of them but some Chinese players with Russian players.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Why? I understand the travel restrictions but they could play their season in Russia like kunlun red star and one of their junior team last season. Maybe not all of them but some Chinese players with Russian players.

It's not that easy with all those restrictions, you can see how Kunlun is struggling now with getting permits for their foreign players. And to fund "Chinese" VHL teams in Russia with Russian players in it isn't that interesting to Chinese sponsors.

Last edited:
Reactions: VP

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Have not followed the VHL closely but in looking at the NHL draft prospects playing it seems that there are more Belarusian players than in past years both in the KHL and the VHL such as Yegor Yuzlenko.

Is this in fact the case and if so is this an indication of the Belarus system improving or are there other factors?

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Have not followed the VHL closely but in looking at the NHL draft prospects playing it seems that there are more Belarusian players than in past years both in the KHL and the VHL such as Yegor Yuzlenko.

Is this in fact the case and if so is this an indication of the Belarus system improving or are there other factors?
They are no longer considered foreigners, that's the explanation.

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
Does anyone have data about the size of VHL rinks?

I have the VHL on in the background everyday while im home working, this is my expert opinion - they all look like big rinks!

Sorry I can't be more specific but my Russian reading isn't very good.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I have the VHL on in the background everyday while im home working, this is my expert opinion - they all look like big rinks!

Sorry I can't be more specific but my Russian reading isn't very good.
You obviously didn't have it on for Chelmet - Yugra game today :sarcasm: Their rink is definitely a small one. I'd assume most teams who are owned by the KHL clubs directly switched or are going to switch to the same size as their parent clubs. But I'd love to know more specifically, that kind of info has to be out there, somewhere.

Reactions: Rigafan

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
You obviously didn't have it on for Chelmet - Yugra game today :sarcasm: Their rink is definitely a small one. I'd assume most teams who are owned by the KHL clubs directly switched or are going to switch to the same size as their parent clubs. But I'd love to know more specifically, that kind of info has to be out there, somewhere.
I have no data obviously. But I guess you are right. The KHL clubs can afford to switch while it is a problem in VHL. Especially with some older rinks where the switch is not always possible. The switching the rink policy is coming from the KHL, not FHR (who is running the VHL).

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Oh yeah, I watched quite a lot of games from the start of the playoffs mostly following Dynamo St. Petersburg, since they were a good team that finished low in the standings meaning their series always had 2 good teams rather than a clear favorite. And the games have been really good, really enjoyable hockey, not the sub-3 goals VHL regular season garbage.

The finals were also played by 2 teams that had far and away the best rosters. Maybe Kuznya could have given a bit better fight but doesn't really matter, the better team won.

It's is also, as always, interesting if the best players seek the chance to play in the KHL: Pilipenko has won his 2nd Petrov Cup and has nothing left to prove in the VHL, Tertyshny is in a classic "too good for the VHL too bad for the KHL" situation, Kuznya's leaders.. With Admiral back to the KHL there should be many openings to such players.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Oh yeah, I watched quite a lot of games from the start of the playoffs mostly following Dynamo St. Petersburg, since they were a good team that finished low in the standings meaning their series always had 2 good teams rather than a clear favorite. And the games have been really good, really enjoyable hockey, not the sub-3 goals VHL regular season garbage.

The finals were also played by 2 teams that had far and away the best rosters. Maybe Kuznya could have given a bit better fight but doesn't really matter, the better team won.

It's is also, as always, interesting if the best players seek the chance to play in the KHL: Pilipenko has won his 2nd Petrov Cup and has nothing left to prove in the VHL, Tertyshny is in a classic "too good for the VHL too bad for the KHL" situation, Kuznya's leaders.. With Admiral back to the KHL there should be many openings to such players.
I would still put my money on Kitsyn. Maybe i'm just biased but i really think he can shine in good circumstances

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->