Confirmed Trade: [VGK/WSH] Chandler Stephenson for 2021 5th round pick

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Always remember you fondly, Bing..... but this was the right move for the team. Clears up a bit of the Sal Cap logjam and allows a lot more freedom for Hershey call ups and done TDL space.

Plus a 5th is some added capital down the line

Pretty sure MacLellan knew he couldn't get Stephenson thru waivers. He took the best offer to avoid that

Refuse

Sin City Soldiers
Aug 23, 2005
Always remember you fondly, Bing..... but this was the right move for the team. Clears up a bit of the Sal Cap logjam and allows a lot more freedom for Hershey call ups and done TDL space.

Plus a 5th is some added capital down the line
Darn it, was hoping I'd missed a third pun.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
I'm a Capitals fan and I could not care less about Chandler Stephenson. He is basically a guy who can kill a penalty, just like 15 other guys in Hershey.

He got his name on the Cup, he is basically the Capitals version of Tom Kunhackl.
Yeah Stephenson was a good warrior, did what was asked of him, brings a nice speed element but totally lacks finish, like a dramatically less-skilled Marcus Johansson. He did his time with the Caps and I thank him for helping carry the load to the title but ultimately he’s replaceable and the Caps have to find CapSpace where they can. I similarly miss DSP but he was a much greater contributor when it mattered.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Yeah Stephenson was a good warrior, did what was asked of him, brings a nice speed element but totally lacks finish, like a dramatically less-skilled Marcus Johansson. He did his time with the Caps and I thank him for helping carry the load to the title but ultimately he’s replaceable and the Caps have to find CapSpace where they can. I similarly miss DSP but he was a much greater contributor when it mattered.
Stephenson is more comparable to Jason Chimera, but Chimmer had better hands if you can believe it and more sandpaper to his game. Stephenson had break away speed without the finish.

Stephenson I believe was the heir apparent to replace Jay Beagle after the 2018 SC but his game never developed to that level for the Caps.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Stephenson is more comparable to Jason Chimera, but Chimmer had better hands if you can believe it and more sandpaper to his game. Stephenson had break away speed without the finish.

Stephenson I believe was the heir apparent to replace Jay Beagle after the 2018 SC but his game never developed to that level for the Caps.
There will always be a few guys I’m kinda sorry didn’t win a Cup with the Caps even in a niche role (Matt Bradley, Mike Knuble, Justin Williams, and Joel Ward come to mind) but Jason Chimera is way up there. One of those guys that taught the young veteran Caps how to win. I guess in the end everyone has their role and their place.

Last edited:

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015

All true especially the Beagle part. You can add Beagle to the list of guys that deserved to win with the Caps. Why some DO and some DON’T will forever be a beautiful and frustrating part of life. Beagle, Stephenson, and DSP are guys that I’ll always remember for ONE SEASON out of their entire careers.

Reactions: bur and 666 others

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Glass looked a lot more like himself right away when he was put back in his natural position.

Sucks it took an injury to force Gallant to stop favoring inaugural veterans.

I am a big Glass fan, I know he's much better at centre, doesn't even have to be first or second line yet, even mentioned in a previous post that Eakin should be 4C, Glass does well as 3C as he's adapting to his role. Though I think he could easily take over Stastny as 2C.

Pirri-Stastny-Tuch did well as a line last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad