Confirmed Trade: [VGK/WSH] Chandler Stephenson for 2021 5th round pick

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He has 4 points in 24 games this year and 33 points in 168 career games with bad fancy stats. I don't really know why anyone would trade him, players exactly like him are waived all of the time. Hell, Blandisi is on waivers right now.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
It would need to be someone whose salary won't affect the Washington cap situation.

Or a conditional 7th.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
What's funny is that Zykov for Stephenson does make a fair amount of sense for Washington to be pursuing, so I could easily see that being the deal.

But why would Vegas want Stephenson? Are they injured and need a 4th line PKer or something?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
What's funny is that Zykov for Stephenson does make a fair amount of sense for Washington to be pursuing, so I could easily see that being the deal.

But why would Vegas want Stephenson? Are they injured and need a 4th line PKer or something?

Eakin is out with a concussion and they don't want to waste Roy's development on the 4th line (at least I hope that's the reason and it's not because they don't want to play Glass at C).

Jan 21, 2018
He has 4 points in 24 games this year and 33 points in 168 career games with bad fancy stats. I don't really know why anyone would trade him, players exactly like him are waived all of the time. Hell, Blandisi is on waivers right now.

just because you think he's waiver material, doesn't mean he isn't trade worthy.

players get waived and then traded all the time because teams prefer to give up equal contract spots over taking a player for free. if stephenson is dealt, i can see another contract being flipped. i can't explain if he gets traded for just a pick, no clue why anyone would do that

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
just because you think he's waiver material, doesn't mean he isn't trade worthy.

players get waived and then traded all the time because teams prefer to give up equal contract spots over taking a player for free. if stephenson is dealt, i can see another contract being flipped. i can't explain if he gets traded for just a pick, no clue why anyone would do that

if he being traded its for cap relief

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Why update the thread title over a The 4th Period speculation tweet? Can we keep it generic until someone more credible links them to Vegas?

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I'm a Capitals fan and I could not care less about Chandler Stephenson. He is basically a guy who can kill a penalty, just like 15 other guys in Hershey.

He got his name on the Cup, he is basically the Capitals version of Tom Kunhackl.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
I'm a Capitals fan and I could not care less about Chandler Stephenson. He is basically a guy who can kill a penalty, just like 15 other guys in Hershey.

He got his name on the Cup, he is basically the Capitals version of Tom Kunhackl.
While I agree he doesnt bring a lot to the table he definitely scored some goals in their cup run. That doesnt get you a job forever tho

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Solid defensively. Very fast and strong skater. Good on the PK. Absolute blackhole on offense. He's a bigger, stronger, worse version of Carl Hagelin so he's redundant on the Caps roster now that Hags is signed to some term.

He was a beast during the Cup run and for that we'll always be thankful!

Reactions: Sam Spade and BHD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad