GDT: VGK @ Wings

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Svech isnt gonna even end with 10min of ice time, blash is a joke. At least give him an honest look.

Christien

May 1, 2010
What a horrible game. You can be bad (which we are), but atleast give the home crowd or fans watching something to get excited about. Literally nothing.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
A good enough draft pick can help, if you have the right coaching and everything else in place.

There was a time they called this team the Dead Wings, and then they drafted this guy called Steve.

Reactions: DeYarmond Edison

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Ottawa-buffablow might go to OT, which is nice

with our luck tonight, i probably just jinxed it though

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
We need to start #zetterbergneedsahug.
Cuz after every game now when they do the post game interviews he looks sad. :(

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Z stating "poke and hope might get you 25G but you wont win anything...."

Reporter: How long does it take for a young player to learn some of that patience?
Z: Some Longer than others

Reporter: Is this a big learning experience for a lot of these guys?
Z: I hope so, cause it's not fun losing

Reporter: Is it a maybe little more frustrating with the way the previous game ended with the loose puck there?
Z: It's just another example

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Z stating "poke and hope might get you 25G but you wont win anything...."
That’s blashill’s system though. Everybody flies the zone and we throw it up the boards or flip it and hope we get it. Blashills sustem is hope hockey and it’s a major reason we turn it over so much and those turnovers kill us because we are so stretched out

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
What did he say? I'm at the bar.

I feel pretty bad for Z. There's nothing he can do for this squad and it has to suck answering the same questions day in and day out.

He said you could score 25-30 goals but you won't win in this league. Poke and hope hockey. He followed it up answering questions basically pointing at him.

Now Abdelkader is taking a run at them.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
As of now, is Larkin really the only sure thing we have in terms of a building block for the future? Mantha and AA have been in the dog house virtually all season and while Tyler Bertuzzi looks like another good role player, he's not exactly going to be an elite building block. Pretty disconcerting if that's the reality of this organization.

Reactions: jkutswings

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
He said you could score 25-30 goals but you won't win in this league. Poke and hope hockey. He followed it up answering questions basically pointing at him.

Now Abdelkader is taking a run at them.
He's putting it in a lot nicer way though lol... that locker room must be an amazing place right now, jeebus

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
As of now, is Larkin really the only sure thing we have in terms of a building block for the future? Mantha and AA have been in the dog house virtually all season and while Tyler Bertuzzi looks like another good role player, he's not exactly going to be an elite building block. Pretty disconcerting if that's the reality of this organization.

I think Mantha is still a building block, he is just going to be an enigmatic star goal scorer. But a winning team is tough to see on nights like this where they just flat bomb and don't even look interested in trying...

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I think Mantha is still a building block, he is just going to be an enigmatic star goal scorer. But a winning team is tough to see on nights like this where they just flat bomb and don't even look interested in trying...

This is toughest on Z, but this losing is what this franchise needs right now. Get through the next month and enjoy the offseason. Hopefully Holland (or the new GM) can make some good draft picks and this team can be in a position to win some more next year.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
At the start of the season, a game like this and Zetterberg would have been devastated in the post game interview. He's gotten so good at shrugging it off, I feel bad for him.

There were stretches in this game where I actually thought it looked fixed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad