VGK Ticket Thread (Read OP for rules)

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
We actually only had 3 or 4 games at home remaining, I think. They would probably offer some credit to people who don't renew.

We had a 10 game partial season, and two games remained. Even if they allow us to apply credit toward AHL ST, it would be good.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
We had a 10 game partial season, and two games remained. Even if they allow us to apply credit toward AHL ST, it would be good.

2 tickets to 2 games rolled over should be able to pay for half an AHL season ticket lol. I'm sure they won't leave people hanging, there has to be plenty of people in the same situation with this, here and in other cities.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Any STH not renewing, like myself, has the right to expect a full refund for games not played. I'm not interested in credit for future games next season or to minor league hockey. The only credit I'd take is to playoff games this year if we are able to resume the season.

There's obviously bigger problems in the world, but I'll arrange a class action suit if they don't offer us refunds to our credit cards if the season doesn't restart.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
So other teams are releasing their options to STHs, either offering full refunds for remaining games unplayed or giving them incentives like food or merchandise credits if they use those dollars towards next years tickets. I read on the Rangers board they have a policy in place, as well as the Leafs, Devils, among others.

Here's the link to the Caps info.

Washington Capitals offering refunds, credits towards 2020-21 season to season-ticket holders

And then there's the VGK. Nothing but crickets. Showing yet again just how much they value their STHs. I'm so glad I'm done with that awful organization. They'll never see another dollar of my money.

I do feel bad for anyone who chose to keep their seats. If there's a season with fans in the Fall, I gotta imagine the secondary market will be pretty grim for resales. I digress.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tanic

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Coronavirus: Ticketholder for postponed NHL game struggles to get refund

“Back in October, Lakusta purchased three tickets at a cost of US$754.24 for the March 23 game between the Canucks and Golden Knights at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.”

“If there is a game, there’s definitely not going to be fans allowed to watch the game and even if that was the case, the borders are closed. Travel is not even an option to get there,” Lakusta said. “So I’m kind of stuck.”

The response she got from Ticketmaster:

“Since you purchased tickets from another fan, refunds are not available; however, you have the opportunity to try and resell your ticket and may also have the option to transfer it to someone else if the option is available through your flash seats account.”

“Industry insiders have told Consumer Matters the NHL is still working through planning its season and recommends fans hold on to their tickets until event organizers set a new date. At that point fans can decide if they want to still attend the game or resell their tickets. If the event is cancelled, they will receive a refund automatically.“

MrLouniverse

frontline internet hero
Sep 19, 2012
(Las) Vegas
Meanwhile, while they haven't announced anything about unused tickets, they are happily processing payments for next season tomorrow.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
LVRJ called it congenital amusia in their article on going ahead with processing payments for 2020-21 season.

WRT TM refunds, there's a thread on BOH.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
The article mentioned that a vendor working at T Mobile hadn’t gotten his check yet even though the team pledged $500k to help the workers two months ago.

The team said it wanted to see how the season would finish out before dealing with that.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Most sports teams are dragging their feet on the ticket refunds. I talked to my rep with the Avs and he said since the NHL has just postponed, but not canceled, games that they are "legally unable" to process refunds or use the funds for other events. MLB gave refunds for games in April. Its May and obviously no fans will be at games in June or July, but they are going to fence off that money as long as they think they can't be forced to give it back by a court.

Reactions: sabresfan65

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Avs finally gave me my "refund" options today. Its kind of ridiculous though, they offer you credit towards next year or a refund. Who in their right mind doesn't take a refund? We have no clue when the next NHL season will start, if any or every seat can be filled and there is zero benefit towards rolling forward to next season. Not even a hey thanks, we'll give you a bonus for getting to keep your money in terms of priority or lowering the cost.

Teams with tickets in demand pretty much doing whatever they feel like.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
I did get a couple of emails in the last week. So hopefully I’ll get my money back from a game I wanted to go to in March. I’m not a season ticket holder; I just go to an occasional game whenever I feel like it. Wish I could have gone to at least one playoff game.

Part of the 2nd email I got:

Please read below for important information regarding your single game ticket purchase. This includes primary purchases made through AXS, the Golden Knights' office and at the T-Mobile Arena Box Office. Please note, no action is required.

Tickets: Money paid for cancelled regular season games will be automatically credited to the original form of payment used during purchase.

*Please allow up to 30 days for the refund to reflect on your statement*

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I did get a couple of emails in the last week. So hopefully I’ll get my money back from a game I wanted to go to in March. I’m not a season ticket holder; I just go to an occasional game whenever I feel like it. Wish I could have gone to at least one playoff game.

Part of the 2nd email I got:

Really dragging it out. That's 30 days more interest they can collect from our money.

I'm surprised they refunded us STHs who didn't renew automatically. STHs who renewed didn't have the option, they credited they're money for next season. Who knows when they're gonna let fans back in, so that money could be in limbo for a very long time with the Knights controlling it.

I'm just glad I didn't have to fight them for a refund. I was certain they were gonna try to make me take some type of credit for next season.

Last edited:

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Finally got my refund on July 1. They did take the full 30 days which is annoying but at this point I have mixed feelings because I’m happy at this point just to get a refund.

Reactions: IceNeophyte

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
What's been the ticket price range for the playoffs? Has it changed as capacity has been expanded?

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
What's been the ticket price range for the playoffs? Has it changed as capacity has been expanded?
We paid $162 for lower bowl last game, have been seeing ~140+ in the balcony and ~220+ in lower bowl otherwise. I should stress that for that price we bought two singles and sat apart.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
We paid $162 for lower bowl last game, have been seeing ~140+ in the balcony and ~220+ in lower bowl otherwise. I should stress that for that price we bought two singles and sat apart.

162 for lower bowl sounds reasonable considering some of the pricing they have stuck on STH before when they could sell every seat. I remember when they first sold games this regular season the cost for STH in the worst parts of the balcony was more than 140.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->