VGK Ticket Thread (Read OP for rules)

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
They clearly don't want season ticket holders. They seem to think they do better selling tix on the market. I'd like to meet the ticketing director to determine whether he was brought in from the timeshare industry.

It seems like today's STH lose money on at least half the tix they have to sell. We've been so far better off buying tix resale than having renewed our ST after last year's greedy price increase.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
They clearly don't want season ticket holders. They seem to think they do better selling tix on the market. I'd like to meet the ticketing director to determine whether he was brought in from the timeshare industry.

It seems like today's STH lose money on at least half the tix they have to sell. We've been so far better off buying tix resale than having renewed our ST after last year's greedy price increase.
I sell to friends and co-workers and don't gouge but do make a slight profit when I sell. I have sold a few last minute tickets on flashseats and have had no problem getting what I paid for them.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I sell to friends and co-workers and don't gouge but do make a slight profit when I sell. I have sold a few last minute tickets on flashseats and have had no problem getting what I paid for them.

All I know is that after we abandoned our ST, we took on a quarter season package just to get to playoff tix if they happen, and of all the balcony seats we attend, our quarter-seasons are the most expensive to us. Like $90/seat-game for the quarter-season compared to $70 with fees through flashseats. And section 226, not even a prime section. When we get lower bowl, the pricing is close to what ST prices would have been.

VegasVic67

Jun 25, 2017
The Meadows
As a 5 year guy mine went up 20%! I don't know who is doing their maths!!

Yup mine went from $3900 to $5000 for section 215. Increase of 22%. Those are the cheapest seats in the house at $55 per. Knights better stay competitive in the next couple years otherwise you'll see fans dressed as empty seats.

I put a deposit down the very first minute they starting taking them six years ago, or was it seven?, just to get a team here. I’m a fan but I can enjoy watching them just as well from my living room. I’m done. Not renewing.

They lost me with the capsule of “game used ice” in last year’s STH gift box.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
Yup mine went from $3900 to $5000 for section 215. Increase of 22%. Those are the cheapest seats in the house at $55 per. Knights better stay competitive in the next couple years otherwise you'll see fans dressed as empty seats.

I put a deposit down the very first minute they starting taking them six years ago, or was it seven?, just to get a team here. I’m a fan but I can enjoy watching them just as well from my living room. I’m done. Not renewing.

I would see if you can find someone to either buy your contract or split with you before giving them up. Check the facebook golden knight ticket thread. There are people who have advertised selling their contracts there. I believe you can transfer the contract once during the life.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Not a season ticket holder and I’ve only gone to 3 games this season so they won’t care about me, but seeing what the ticket prices are today (before this next increase) makes me want to cry. Not sure if I’ll see another game or two because of what they are charging.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
So far the product has been mediocre this year with a lot of shitty performances at home. But as long as the demand is there they will keep doing this. Another reason I miss the 2017-2018 team; we had lower ticket prices and a much better product that performed at home.

Seems like the future of Knights hockey is a dead crowd, expensive tickets and a mediocre product (or maybe worse when Fleury declines/retires).

Are they sure they want more sports teams in Vegas? The Knights won’t have much competition until the Raiders move in, and even then they will only play in 8 home games.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
So far the product has been mediocre this year with a lot of ****ty performances at home. But as long as the demand is there they will keep doing this. Another reason I miss the 2017-2018 team; we had lower ticket prices and a much better product that performed at home.

Seems like the future of Knights hockey is a dead crowd, expensive tickets and a mediocre product (or maybe worse when Fleury declines/retires).

Are they sure they want more sports teams in Vegas? The Knights won’t have much competition until the Raiders move in, and even then they will only play in 8 home games.

I think they would be fine as long as NBA doesn't come, which they should fight to block.

NFL is 8 games and a lot of out of town fans, MLS wouldn't make a dent, and MLB is different time of year and the amount of games keep prices low and generally equate to people not feeling urgency to go. UNLV also doesn't get enough money spent on it to make a dent.

Reactions: Morrison

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
That 13% rate is disingenuous & includes STHs who renewed at 4 year extensions last season. Those accounts had guaranteed 5% increases, when averaged in keeps the mean increase at 13%. When in reality, all the 5 & 10 year contract holders fixed pricing came to an end this year so many of them are seeing 30% increases.

Myself, I didn't sign the 4 year extension last year knowing this season was my last. I didn't even want to sign up for this year, but a friend told me he would buy half my tickets back in February of 2019 for the 19-20 season. I got the renewal email this morning & my prices are going up another $21 per seat per game...an increase of 29.5% from the current rate.

When the team began in 2017, my full season cost $4400. If I choose to renew, the cost will be $8150. That's an 85% increase in just 3 seasons. No other word to describe it, but outrageous.

In year two the team tacked on an Arena Maintenance Fee of $3 per ticket per game, which came out to $270. This was on a 2 year old building. That fee is never going away.

This year they are opting people into a charity program for $200 per account that donates tickets to worthy causes. No offense, but this team makes boat loads of cash, why don't they donate $200 per season ticket holder from their own pockets. Yes I can opt out of it, but they should make it an OPT IN program, not the other way around.

When all is said & done, they'll be lucky to retain 50% of STHs who placed deposits during the inaugural ticket drive. Such a short sighted approach to take when you know the success of your on ice product is sure to ebb at some point in the near future. This is all on the heels of the STH revocation campaign that they've actively undertaken to diminish secondary market sales.

I've said it before, I despise the way this organization does business. Bill Foley is a billionaire for a reason...he wants every last dollar. Good for him, but he's seen the last of my money.

Last edited:

VegasVic67

Jun 25, 2017
The Meadows
I would see if you can find someone to either buy your contract or split with you before giving them up. Check the facebook golden knight ticket thread. There are people who have advertised selling their contracts there. I believe you can transfer the contract once during the life.

Thanks for advice. I’m still wrestling on whether or not to letting them go. Are you saying there’s a market for selling your contract?

VegasVic67

Jun 25, 2017
The Meadows

My math was wrong. My tickets went up 28%.

VegasVic67

Jun 25, 2017
The Meadows
That 13% rate is disingenuous & includes STHs who renewed at 4 year extensions last season. Those accounts had guaranteed 5% increases, when averaged in keeps the mean increase at 13%. When in reality, all the 5 & 10 year contract holders fixed pricing came to an end this year so many of them are seeing 30% increases.

Myself, I didn't sign the 4 year extension last year knowing this season was my last. I didn't even want to sign up for this year, but a friend told me he would buy half my tickets back in February of 2019 for the 19-20 season. I got the renewal email this morning & my prices are going up another $21 per seat per game...an increase of 29.5% from the current rate.

When the team began in 2017, my full season cost $4400. If I choose to renew, the cost will be $8150. That's an 85% increase in just 3 seasons. No other word to describe it, but outrageous.

In year two the team tacked on an Arena Maintenance Fee of $3 per ticket per game, which came out to $270. This was on a 2 year old building. That fee is never going away.

This year they are opting people into a charity program for $200 per account that donates tickets to worthy causes. No offense, but this team makes boat loads of cash, why don't they donate $200 per season ticket holder from their own pockets. Yes I can opt out of it, but they should make it an OPT IN program, not the other way around.

When all is said & done, they'll be lucky to retain 50% of STHs who placed deposits during the inaugural ticket drive. Such a short sighted approach to take when you know the success of your on ice product is sure to ebb at some point in the near future. This is all on the heels of the STH revocation campaign that they've actively undertaken to diminish secondary market sales.

I've said it before, I despise the way this organization does business. Bill Foley is a billionaire for a reason...he wants every last dollar. Good for him, but he's seen the last of my money.

Excellent post. Agree with everything in it.

I should feel fortunate that my increase was only 68%. My seats were $2970 in 2017-18. $5000 for next year.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
Today's NHL is expensive. I've had Jets season seats for all 9 years and each year they went up 3-5% except the lock-out year. We were able to sell tickets for the first 6-7 years and now you can't sell your tickets at cost. I hope for you guys it doesn't go that way.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Today's NHL is expensive. I've had Jets season seats for all 9 years and each year they went up 3-5% except the lock-out year. We were able to sell tickets for the first 6-7 years and now you can't sell your tickets at cost. I hope for you guys it doesn't go that way.

Try 10%-20% annual increases.....

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast

It's already there. Read my post above. My prices for next year are 85% higher than season 1.

Many people I know are already having trouble selling their seats for cost. Our annual increases have dwarfed what you've seen. Anyone who wants to go to a bunch of games can easily wait until an hour before game time & buy seats at a fraction of the cost of what the team has been calling face value.

Not to mention the fact the the teams' own "box office" face value has diminished as the season has played out. Seats for the Chicago 12/10 game were sold to the public in August for $205 per in my section. In early November when sales were stagnant & inventory was still high, the team cut those prices systematically until they reached a low of $100 per seat in my section to undercut the secondary market. So anyone who was silly enough to buy them when they went onsale in August overpaid by over $100. Plus the Knights secondary market is owned by them, so they collect all the fees they tack on to resales. They've left no stone unturned.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Welp, I just went online & opted out...I'm officially done as a STH at the end of this season. Today's knee jerk decision by the front office fully reinforced my decision & confirmed my belief that the owner is a complete megalomaniac. My fandom will be carried out strictly on TV from here on out.

Was fun while it lasted, but I won't miss the hits to my credit card 8 months out of the year. Next seasons payments would've felt like a second mortgage.

It's absolutely amazing to me that all the goodwill this team built up in the first year or so of existence has completely evaporated in the last 18 months. So many STHs & fans I speak to are completely turned off with the overt greed.

Last edited:

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
This is my last year. I’m sure my tickets are going up 10-20%, which would put ,e over 100% increase since the first season. I’ve had to eat 2 games this year because I couldn’t unload them.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
While I sympathize with those who can no longer afford season tickets due to the outrageous price increases, I do have to admit my sympathy only goes so far, as I could never have afforded season tickets even for the first season. I feel lucky if I can get to a handful of games each season, and so far this season, it's only been one game and that may be the only one. :( Got a daughter's wedding imminent, and that's where much of what little disposable income I have is dedicated.

Anywho, we really should have expected this, regardless of all the good things the VGK organization has done for and within the community. Foley is a billionaire, and while he may come off as friendly Uncle Bill, he didn't make all that money by not being a greedy bastard. :(

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Just to give you guys an idea of how outrageous its getting, I had season tix in 202 and had them rescinded last year. I was paying $35/game which was about as much as I wanted to risk for an expansion team that I figured would suck. Well we know what happened, but I have heard similar seats are now going for $80 plus the arena fee, so with price increases seems like about $90 next season. I would have passed on it if that was what was offered to me for next season.

Meanwhile the Avalanche have offered me season tix next year very similar to what I had, but a lower row. Even with a hot ticket that's growing in demand due to the team's performance, they are asking for $36/game. So less than half as much and about in line with what I had when I started with VGK. As long as people are willing to pay, good for them. Lets just not say this is typical for the NHL or pro sports because its not.

Reactions: Vegas07

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
So now that the front office has told us what they think of the teams performance with this firing, does this mean ticket prices are going to go down? :laugh:

They have obviously been thinking about firing Gallant for a while and we still saw a major increase in prices.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
While I sympathize with those who can no longer afford season tickets due to the outrageous price increases, I do have to admit my sympathy only goes so far, as I could never have afforded season tickets even for the first season. I feel lucky if I can get to a handful of games each season, and so far this season, it's only been one game and that may be the only one. :( Got a daughter's wedding imminent, and that's where much of what little disposable income I have is dedicated.

Anywho, we really should have expected this, regardless of all the good things the VGK organization has done for and within the community. Foley is a billionaire, and while he may come off as friendly Uncle Bill, he didn't make all that money by not being a greedy bastard. :(

Can't speak for anyone else, Jonesy, but I'm not looking for sympathy at all. I can still afford to keep my seats if I chose to, but I'm not a fan of being gouged. I don't like shady business practices & outright dishonesty. My issues with the ticket services began before the first game was even played by the team. They never said a word about the electronic only ticket system they planned to implement while they were signing up new accounts during their initial season ticket sale. Had I known, I never would've agreed to those terms. It's nobody's business what I choose to do with my seats & how many games I attend or not. I like to give tickets to business associates, but in order to do that, I need to ask for personal information & vice versa. Something I'm not 100% comfortable with. The entire process sucks, especially for groups who don't all arrive at the arena at the same time.

Before I signed up for a full season, I initially place a deposit on a partial plan. In that time I had 3 different sales reps before the first season began & all of them were pushing me to upgrade to a full season. When I told them I only planned on attending 8-10 games, they all gave me the same pitch of how easy it would be to sell the games I couldn't attend. When I relented & finally moved into a full season plan, they seemed so grateful for everyone who was putting their money into an unknown team.

Everything changed when the season started & they began winning. Once fans started flocking to the arena, & they went deep into the playoffs, it's been a non stop assault on limiting what we could do with our seats & when. Not to mention the fact that the team literally starting yanking accounts from people that sold too many tickets, when the sales reps told us all we could do exactly that. This was solely because the spoiled billionaire saw people profiting off the playoff games & he wasn't the one pocketing those resale dollars.

I'm also not a fan of the environment they've created at T-mobile. It's a complete drunk fest & the atmosphere with the obnoxiously loud music is more like a minor league baseball crowd. Not only did the misfit identity of year one disappear, but getting to Finals was terrible for the fan experience. It's great that people got excited about the team being successful, but it attracted the front-running, I'm not that interested in the game crowd that only cares about telling people they were at the game. Half the arena is on their phones texting or taking selfies while missing most of the action.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I prefer to watch on TV. It's also a lot better for my credit card balance. $1360 a month is something I can certainly live without.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->