VGK Ticket Thread (Read OP for rules)

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Who is us in this case?

Half season people?
For my wife and I as STH. At every email that has gone out, we've had to contact our "rep" and ask to be included. Finally got ours.

Because we aren't renewing, we aren't offered Knights Vow, so yeah, we're paying roughly double reg season for the FIRST ROUND. If VGK gets to Round 2, we'll be selling at least one game per round from then on.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
For my wife and I as STH. At every email that has gone out, we've had to contact our "rep" and ask to be included. Finally got ours.

Because we aren't renewing, we aren't offered Knights Vow, so yeah, we're paying roughly double reg season for the FIRST ROUND. If VGK gets to Round 2, we'll be selling at least one game per round from then on.
I had a similar situation around a year ago. In my case, I apparently clicked an unsubscribe link at the bottom of an email and I was opted out of stuff. It took a few calls to get it straightened out, but it was after I went to some site to opt back in. I doubt it matters much now that you're moving on, but perhaps your rep didn't go down that avenue to try to rectify the situation.

The prices are going up this year versus last, I think they're basing increases on my next season's rate since I'm going into year 3 of 3. They are getting pretty crazy, though.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I had a similar situation around a year ago. In my case, I apparently clicked an unsubscribe link at the bottom of an email and I was opted out of stuff. It took a few calls to get it straightened out, but it was after I went to some site to opt back in. I doubt it matters much now that you're moving on, but perhaps your rep didn't go down that avenue to try to rectify the situation.

The prices are going up this year versus last, I think they're basing increases on my next season's rate since I'm going into year 3 of 3. They are getting pretty crazy, though.

That was what the rep told us, and that we were reinstated. Then we missed the next communication. Lather, rinse, repeat every. single. time.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Last year I was 35 regular/55 Vow/70 no Vow. Seems the no Vow is the Vow price. I think they are guessing how to make sure playoff pricing matches secondary market rate. I'm officially out after Thursday, but as I suspected taking on playoff tickets basically is risking losing money on their sale. If you can't go you probably will be lucky to get your money back. The Sharks series didn't sell that well for me last year, I'm betting if they get there rounds 2 and 3 will be even worse because the prices will get stratospheric.

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
Got my email today. I was going to buy them for my seatmate simce we’ll be moving into our new house the week of the home games and I can’t justify paying $125+ per game for the first round. Then as I scroll through the email I see that I won’t have the ability to Transfer my tickets. That’s the final nail in the coffin for me. I’m done with this season ticket BS. It’s been nothing but a nightmare since I renewed last season.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Got my email today. I was going to buy them for my seatmate simce we’ll be moving into our new house the week of the home games and I can’t justify paying $125+ per game for the first round. Then as I scroll through the email I see that I won’t have the ability to Transfer my tickets. That’s the final nail in the coffin for me. I’m done with this season ticket BS. It’s been nothing but a nightmare since I renewed last season.

The team has taken the scorched earth approach with their STHs & they obviously don't give a shit what that means going forward. To them, having a waiting list means some other sucker will step & pay his money when guys like us walk away.

At some point, you have to imagine their outrageous price increases & complete disregard for their customer base is going to bite them in the ass. And then again, maybe it won't. Next year is my last & then it's not my fight anymore.

Reactions: KnishOfTheCrease

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
The team has taken the scorched earth approach with their STHs & they obviously don't give a **** what that means going forward. To them, having a waiting list means some other sucker will step & pay his money when guys like us walk away.

At some point, you have to imagine their outrageous price increases & complete disregard for their customer base is going to bite them in the ass. And then again, maybe it won't. Next year is my last & then it's not my fight anymore.
The expansion f***ed us. They needed us to be at the league average for ticket prices, when they got response they went to the high end of league average.

Then they were good.

While it’s great for the franchise, it sucks for us. Luckily for them, the Stanley Cup window seems wide open for a while. Make money while you can, I suppose. But if you’re going to lean into the “real” fans (aka season ticket holders) when it’s good, don’t shit on the city when you can’t get 8,000 STH if you miss the playoffs for a season or two.

I always knew Las Vegas would support a team, but I kind of wish we did the shitty team for a while thing. That groove of front runner support that UNLV got is very comfortable to stay in as a fan.

They better give away as many free tattoos as they can, because if they’re going to grind on the STH and waiting list people, the people with the ink are the only thing that’s permanent.

I’m so happy for what Las Vegas is as a Knights town, but I fear that they’re overplaying their hand.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I’ll give you guys a ticket thread confession that I think means something as it relates the ticket prices.

I went to every VGK home game last season except for 3 or 4. Once it was apparent they were out of the series versus the Capitals, I didn’t hope for a miracle to hopefully get to game 7. I hoped they’d lose in game 5 so I could see the end instead of having to pay $500 to see it live.

It might have been a shitty thought, and I’d have been as hyped as anyone if it made it to seven, but while I was sitting there with my dad watching them get gashed with cross ice passes and I knew it was over, I just didn’t want to spend the extra hundreds to see the Caps hoist the cup.

I’m a good fan, that shouldn’t have been my thoughts. Anything can happen in game seven. Yet all I could think of while they were losing was how glad I was to not spend the extra dough.

It made me sad that that’s where I went in my head.

Reactions: KnishOfTheCrease

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I’ll give you guys a ticket thread confession that I think means something as it relates the ticket prices.

I went to every VGK home game last season except for 3 or 4. Once it was apparent they were out of the series versus the Capitals, I didn’t hope for a miracle to hopefully get to game 7. I hoped they’d lose in game 5 so I could see the end instead of having to pay $500 to see it live.

It might have been a ****ty thought, and I’d have been as hyped as anyone if it made it to seven, but while I was sitting there with my dad watching them get gashed with cross ice passes and I knew it was over, I just didn’t want to spend the extra hundreds to see the Caps hoist the cup.

I’m a good fan, that shouldn’t have been my thoughts. Anything can happen in game seven. Yet all I could think of while they were losing was how glad I was to not spend the extra dough.

I did the same exact thing. Made enough money that it paid for going to Game 2, so it was basically a wash cash wise. If the situation was like that again this year, I'd make the same decision in a heartbeat.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

It might have been a ****ty thought, and I’d have been as hyped as anyone if it made it to seven, but while I was sitting there with my dad watching them get gashed with cross ice passes and I knew it was over, I just didn’t want to spend the extra hundreds to see the Caps hoist the cup.

Watching the Caps lift the cup was a memorable experience for us.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I'm locked in for only one more season and will likely ask if I can get a corner section where the knights shoot twice as I don't want to know what center ice club ticket prices will be like next year after our prices are no longer locked. We sold our tickets one game because we had family in town and wanted to take them and wanted to still have good seats as it was their first time and we got the last row in section 13 and it had great angles and you could climb over the back of the seats and get out quicker on bathroom and food breaks. So I'd like something like that if possible.

Last edited:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
And the "discounted" playoff tickets we are forced to buy because we aren't renewing is the public price. VGK ticket dept should get into timeshare sales.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
So I wanted to think about whether to opt out of the "Vow" a bit. I decide to opt out because I don't know if I could afford it if they go the distance again. Click the opt out, "this offer is no longer available". Nowhere in the email did it specify you had a limited time to decide. :shakehead

And just for comparison's sake I looked at my emails from last year. I got the opt out email on March 27 last year with a clearly defined date of April 2 when you had to decide.

Last edited:

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
So I wanted to think about whether to opt out of the "Vow" a bit. I decide to opt out because I don't know if I could afford it if they go the distance again. Click the opt out, "this offer is no longer available". Nowhere in the email did it specify you had a limited time to decide. :shakehead

And just for comparison's sake I looked at my emails from last year. I got the opt out email on March 27 last year with a clearly defined date of April 2 when you had to decide.
I did the same with the same result. I put a call into my rep Thursday night, haven't heard back yet.

I'll let you know what I hear.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I did the same with the same result. I put a call into my rep Thursday night, haven't heard back yet.

I'll let you know what I hear.

So it seems like they gave everyone what 48 hours? With no warning no less.

I sent an email too so we'll see what kind of BS they come up with.

islescoop

Jul 24, 2011
Isles fan coming in peace... i've been to 28 NHL arenas and Vegas was supposed to be next on my list, but some family situation has me out for Sunday's playoff game. I have four tickets section 17, Row U. I've never used flash before, so if anyone is interested in purchasing these, i believe face value with fees is around $300/each. I purchased through shoowin auction site and they've been great. Their manager will assist whoever purchases with getting them loaded on your flash account.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Looking for single, games 3-4.

Anyone?

To say I'm frustrated is an understatement. My "friend" was getting tickets, but flaked out not letting me know that she couldn't get tickets for games 3 & 4. So now I'm looking for me. Grumble.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Looking for single, games 3-4.

Anyone?

To say I'm frustrated is an understatement. My "friend" was getting tickets, but flaked out not letting me know that she couldn't get tickets for games 3 & 4. So now I'm looking for me. Grumble.

I'm seeing Face Value tickets for singles on the VGK ticket website. $135 + fees for uppers in 224 & 225.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Flash seats is where I was looking.

The VGK ticket website & Flashseats are linked...they have the same inventory.

STHs not doing the Vow just got their tickets this afternoon & the number of resale tickets on the market immediately jumped from 800 to 1700 for both games 1 & 2. Anyone looking for tickets, just be patient, the prices are going to come back to reality by Friday.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Sure looks like a lot of "resale" tickets on the site suspiciously look like seats VGK is selling at a nice markup. $306 to sit in top row of the arena, albeit center ice. Very suspicious the entire row is available for the same price, someone convince me this isn't the team selling those seats.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad