Confirmed with Link: VGK acquire Martinez for 2020 2nd, 2021 2nd from LAK

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Paywall. Granger looks at some on the potential candidates. VGK doesn't want rental players (guys with expiring contracts), but some pending RFAs and UFAs are listed (might be able to negotiate extension). With limited cap space VGK may have to include Holden, Eakin and/or Reaves in a deal. And some highly valued guys may require top prospect or picks.

Rangers DeAngelo, Devils Vantanen, as well as Sharks Dillon among the possible targets.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Other candidates mentioned: Alec Martinez (Kings), Erik Gustaffson (Blues), Jake Gardiner (Hurricanes).

FWIW, the Sharks have traded in-division, but the price will probably be higher (on principle) to VGK than to an Eastern Conference team.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Ugh. No.

Just get Demelo or Martinez, someone who will only cost a 2nd possibly a non top prospect. They wouldn't require retention or sending more than Holden or Merrill or Eakin.

If they go higher, just try the Flyers if they fall from the playoffs, Niskanen or Braun can probably be obtained for around the same price, since they could have to take Holden or Merrill and Eakin back.

Don't want Vatanen or DeAngelo, they shouldn't trade with the Sharks. They shouldn't trade Reaves.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Gustafsson plays for Chicago..

lol Dillon.

Niskanen won't be available, but they'll probably keep an eye on Savard tonight.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Food for thought: The more contracts/$$$ they have committed past 20-21, the less dealing they can do during the Seattle Expansion Draft.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Food for thought: The more contracts/$$$ they have committed past 20-21, the less dealing they can do during the Seattle Expansion Draft.

Demelo seems the best option as he is cheap this season, could be had for a few picks, is a RHD, and has played well. They could probably re-sign him for less than 4M longer term, since that seems what they want.

Gardiner is a possibility, depending on the trade.

The best they could do in an expansion draft scenario would be to trade a less proven prospect or pick for a more proven player but we probably need more of those prospect players making less going forward. I can't see a massive and great deal popping up. Possibly Dumba for cheap in a trade.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
DeAngelo will be wanting a big contract because he got shafted on his contract this year.

Zero interest in Dillon or Vatenen, rather have Holden than Dillon anyway.

I'm not about compromising the future for a marginal upgrade.

I read the article about Gustaffson, watched him against VGK twice, wasn't blown away and Chicago wants a lot for him, plus he's gonna cost like 4.5 x 4 years.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Demelo seems the best option as he is cheap this season, could be had for a few picks, is a RHD, and has played well. They could probably re-sign him for less than 4M longer term, since that seems what they want.

Gardiner is a possibility, depending on the trade.

The best they could do in an expansion draft scenario would be to trade a less proven prospect or pick for a more proven player but we probably need more of those prospect players making less going forward. I can't see a massive and great deal popping up. Possibly Dumba for cheap in a trade.

I've always liked the idea of Gardiner as a Golden Knight but given his injuries and he's a LD, might as well un-do the Colin Miller deal and bring him back.

The whole point of saving up cap $$$ for the Seattle draft is being available for more side deals or a player that won't move their NMC to go to Seattle. (We could really bend the Sharks over a barrel for Vlasic if they need to move him).

Dumba will never be available for cheap.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I've always liked the idea of Gardiner as a Golden Knight but given his injuries and he's a LD, might as well un-do the Colin Miller deal and bring him back.

The whole point of saving up cap $$$ for the Seattle draft is being available for more side deals or a player that won't move their NMC to go to Seattle. (We could really bend the Sharks over a barrel for Vlasic if they need to move him).

Dumba will never be available for cheap.

They have Suter and Spurgeon they can't trade and they have Soucy who they probably won't trade so that leaves Dumba unless they want to expose a few very good forwards.

We could try to get Dumba for a reduced price because he would be the one they have to trade. I'm sure other teams would be interested but we had to trade Haula for Roy because there were other circumstances. You would have thought many teams could use a top six forward for 2.75M and could have bid more but that's what we got.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
They have Suter and Spurgeon they can't trade and they have Soucy who they probably won't trade so that leaves Dumba unless they want to expose a few very good forwards.

We could try to get Dumba for a reduced price because he would be the one they have to trade. I'm sure other teams would be interested but we had to trade Haula for Roy because there were other circumstances. You would have thought many teams could use a top six forward for 2.75M and could have bid more but that's what we got.

Yeah but the 20 teams bidding for him would drive up the price.

Original Golden Knight TVR would be a low cost option. Good all around PMD, can kill the odd penalty. Just over 1m daily cap remaining.

Last edited:

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Yeah but the 20 teams bidding for him would drive up the price.

Original Golden Knight TVR would be a low cost option. Good all around PMD, can kill the odd penalty. Just over 1m daily cap remaining.

Any budget option would work for me regarding this trade.

As long as it doesn't include a 1st, a significant roster player, or the big four prospects, I could get behind almost any trade.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
@MGK Freidman on HNIC tonight says the Sharks are listening to offers on their UFAs, but won't break up their core.

So I don't think that Vlasic is going anywhere.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
In response to GDT discussion on potential trades....

Sometimes fan favorites get traded or not re-signed. Bellemare was one such guy. (No one who played for VGK has retired from the team. Thinking Engelland will be the first.)

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Other candidates mentioned: Alec Martinez (Kings), Erik Gustaffson (Blues), Jake Gardiner (Hurricanes).

FWIW, the Sharks have traded in-division, but the price will probably be higher (on principle) to VGK than to an Eastern Conference team.

I think we should demand more from the Sharks. Last thing I want to do is give them draft picks or prospects (or both) with their current situation. So it really works both ways because neither team is going to want to help the other out.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Let's squeeze and move things around to get another defenseman, sure, but there are bigger internal problems with game preparation with this team that continue to persist, and continue to go unaddressed.

I sincerely doubt any move we make would even move the needle that Gallant needs to move himself.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Martinez at 50% would probably their best bet. 2m next year wouldn't hurt the possibility of a Pietrangelo signing in the summer. :naughty:

I get the feeling that they've sitting on a trade for their 1st but they want the team to gain some ground in the Pacific to pull the trigger, which was part of the reason they fired Gallant. :ha:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Martinez at 50% would probably their best bet. 2m next year wouldn't hurt the possibility of a Pietrangelo signing in the summer. :naughty:

I get the feeling that they've sitting on a trade for their 1st but they want the team to gain some ground in the Pacific to pull the trigger, which was part of the reason they fired Gallant. :ha:
Martinez is LH tho.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Don't make me root for them not to gain ground in the Pacific.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad