Confirmed Signing with Link: [VGK] Shea Theodore extension with Vegas (7 years, $5.2M AAV)

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Assuming he gets stronger, tougher, and learns how to play defense.

His offensive game is elite though.

29 pts is elite? And yes I know there is more to offense than pts, however, 29 pts is nowhere in the realm of elite!

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He hasn't finished growing in that regard but he was much better defensively than he was in Anaheim.

That wouldn’t be hard given how in Anaheim he barely knew where the defensive zone was. I didn’t see all 82 games but I did watch a bit of Vegas last year and he’s a guy who still doesn’t compete hard enough when the pucks not on his stick. Loads of offensive talent but a third pair guy at best in his own end.

Reactions: go4hockey

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
You know this is a prospect heavy site, when 75% of the posters like this deal.

Vegas scored a LOT last year. Everyone basically had career highs.

I think this deal is a massive mistake on Vegas's part. I think there is just as likely a chance theodore is traded in the future for being overpaid, than this being a team friendly deal at ANY point during the length of this contract.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
You know this is a prospect heavy site, when 75% of the posters like this deal.

Vegas scored a LOT last year. Everyone basically had career highs.

I think this deal is a massive mistake on Vegas's part. I think there is just as likely a chance theodore is traded in the future for being overpaid, than this being a team friendly deal at ANY point during the length of this contract.
If he is going to be overpaid, then how is he going to be traded?

NJD28

Nov 28, 2010
Theodore quickly becoming one of the more underrated players around. Will be a great deal for Vegas.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
A year longer, and a little more than the Hanifin deal. At this point pretty standard for young D like this

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
heh.

This deal is insanity.

For real. Vegas has one of the worst GM's in the league before last year when the team went on their Cinderella run. Even after that he hasn't been great, left a ton of value on the table during the expansion draft which people have forgotten about, and then massively lost the Tatar deal and might lost the Patches deal too we will have to see.

Then he overpays a guy who hasn't proven to be a top pair D by giving him top pair D money. If this contract takes 4 years to become fair value then it was never a good deal.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
For real. Vegas has one of the worst GM's in the league before last year when the team went on their Cinderella run. Even after that he hasn't been great, left a ton of value on the table during the expansion draft which people have forgotten about, and then massively lost the Tatar deal and might lost the Patches deal too we will have to see.

Then he overpays a guy who hasn't proven to be a top pair D by giving him top pair D money. If this contract takes 4 years to become fair value then it was never a good deal.

top pair? he hasn't even proven he can handle 2nd pair duty.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
heh.

This deal is insanity.
for what he’s done so far it is. I was pretty certain they’d bridge Him after Nurse and Morrisey ( who have both been much better thus far). Makes even less sense when you consider they gave Karlsson a 1 year deal after 1 good year instead of giving him the Theodore treatment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad