VGK only NHL team to rule state (other sports rule in others)

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
re: the Raiders: oh yeah I am sure the Knights are really worried about 8 games per year and a season that ends in February.

They should be more concerned about basketball coming to Vegas eventually. They split way too much exposure the way the seasons line up.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I call BS on the Trail Blazers in Oregon. Ducks football is by far the most popular team in Oregon. I'd also bet money that the google searches for the Washington Redskins was followed by the phrases "sucks" and/or "dumpster fire".

Last edited:

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
Can confirm the Panthers are the most popular team in North Carolina, although their support is kind of sporadic once you leave the greater Charlotte area, it's only been the last 5-6 years that the franchise finally started gaining more of a following in the Raleigh area. The other Southern states are accurate as well from what I can tell (SC, GA, TN, AL, LA, WV, VA)

Interesting to see the Yankees are the most popular team in Connecticut, would have thought the Patriots to be honest.
Kraft used CT as leverage so there that's it also may have cost them the whalers. The Yankees also had a fairly popular minor league team in Norwich at one point.

Last edited:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Potential proof that IHL and ECHL got enough hockey in region to get first Nevadan NHL player to the show (and for his hometown team).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad