VGK now limiting attendance at practice due to overwhelming support

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I wanted to go to CNA tomorrow to check out whats new at the store. I really hope the wait isn't too long. I'll go in the afternoon long after the practice has completed and hopefully it's only people shopping there.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I wanted to go to CNA tomorrow to check out whats new at the store. I really hope the wait isn't too long. I'll go in the afternoon long after the practice has completed and hopefully it's only people shopping there.
I got a drink at CNA last night around 5:00 and the line was still pretty long, but it looked to be going quickly.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I got a drink at CNA last night around 5:00 and the line was still pretty long, but it looked to be going quickly.

I want to pick up commemorative pucks for the SCF and look at any good caps that catch my eye and tshirts with the inaugural patch or says inaugural season on it as I know there are more than the 2 I have. There might be some things I can get online and not at CNA too like a new dog leash with the SCF on it.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I want to pick up commemorative pucks for the SCF and look at any good caps that catch my eye and tshirts with the inaugural patch or says inaugural season on it as I know there are more than the 2 I have. There might be some things I can get online and not at CNA too like a new dog leash with the SCF on it.
I'm definitely not trying to discourage you.

If you're looking for hats, Lids over in Downtown Summerlin has a good selection too.

I need to get a Stanley Cup Final patch for my jersey, so I'm in the line eventually myself.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Sharks' (city owned) practice facility started with two rinks. They've built two more and have an additional two (including 3-5k arena) on the drawing board.

Nothing says they won't/can't build on to CNA.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Knowing how Summerlin plans things, they most likely already have plans for every inch of land in that downtown summerlin block. Do they really need more space? I'm sure CNA is sufficient. Not all NHL teams have their own private facility. Some teams still use public ice rinks which seems to be phasing out shortly as teams want to have a training facility and have nutritious meals available for players.

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Knowing how Summerlin plans things, they most likely already have plans for every inch of land in that downtown summerlin block. Do they really need more space? I'm sure CNA is sufficient. Not all NHL teams have their own private facility. Some teams still use public ice rinks which seems to be phasing out shortly as teams want to have a training facility and have nutritious meals available for players.

I thought I read they already have expansion plans at CNA. Maybe they locked up more of that land to the east? I think they'd want to be careful in overbuilding it too quick though, especially as far as seating is concerned. I do think we need more sheets though. Youth hockey is gonna be huge here. They really need a rink somewhere in Green Valley too. There used to be one in Henderson until the Pepcon explosion blew it up.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
I thought I read they already have expansion plans at CNA. Maybe they locked up more of that land to the east? I think they'd want to be careful in overbuilding it too quick though, especially as far as seating is concerned. I do think we need more sheets though. Youth hockey is gonna be huge here. They really need a rink somewhere in Green Valley too. There used to be one in Henderson until the Pepcon explosion blew it up.
Too lazy to look for it now, but I recently read comments by Foley about tentative plans to build a rink in Henderson sometime the next few years.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Too lazy to look for it now, but I recently read comments by Foley about tentative plans to build a rink in Henderson sometime the next few years.

Is LV Ice Center packed now too? I used to live in that area for awhile and saw that the name of the rink changed at least 3 times. There's also the ice rink at the santa fe, but that one is small.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
. They really need a rink somewhere in Green Valley too. There used to be one in Henderson until the Pepcon explosion blew it up.

I had to google this...HOLY SH!T!!! I've never heard about this before! Crazy stuff. Was anyone here affected by this or have any stories to share about that day? Says on Wiki that this location is where the AutoMall is located now.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I had to google this...HOLY SH!T!!! I've never heard about this before! Crazy stuff. Was anyone here affected by this or have any stories to share about that day? Says on Wiki that this location is where the AutoMall is located now.

Pepcon was the worst here. There was a fireworks factory explosion by calico ridge that was not quite as bad, but still scary.

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV

Luckily only 2 people died, but yeah lots of structure damage. I lived on the other side of the valley at the time. Biggest non-nuclear explosion in US soil ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad