Confirmed Trade: [VGK/MTL] Max Pacioretty for 2019 2nd round pick, Nick Suzuki, and Tomas Tatar Part II

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Is that supposed to be impressive for someone that was handed 1st PP wave for years? He's lucky he didn't play on a team with much top end talent or he would have been pushed down the totem pole a long time ago.

Since 2012-2013, he's 110th among forwards with at least 500 minutes of PP time with 4.03 P/60.

Since 2016-2017, he's 134th among forwards with at least 200 minutes at 3.74 P/60.

I don't know why you'd even argue against the notion that Pacioretty is a poor PP player. Anyone that has watched the Habs over the years semi-regularly has seen Pacioretty fumble the puck and kill plays a lot more than you'd come to expect from a guy that was given virtually infinite leeway to produce on the 1st PP wave.
That was not true prior to last season's terrible performance. He was a sniper and did a good job at that.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Well, guess it was about time MTL got a win, however small. I think the last time was in 1993 or something.

Muller the cry baby, Darby, and Schneider
For
Pierre Turgeon and Malakhov

Big win for the North vs the South

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
That was not true prior to last season's terrible performance. He was a sniper and did a good job at that.
Yeah, 5 on 5 you're right, but on the pp he's been terrible since day 1 to the day he got traded away. Lebowski was right, all Pacioretty was an expert of with a man advantage was coughing the puck.

Habs had a top 10 pp for a good decade with the likes of Markov and Kovalev/Cammalleri on the half board. The day it was Pacioretty's, it never returned to where we were.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Well, guess it was about time MTL got a win, however small. I think the last time was in 1993 or something.
I would't say that,
Bergevin made some slick move in the past few years, here is a couple.
Phillip Danault + 2rd vs Weise et Fleischmann
Jeff Petry vs 2rd + 4rd

and i would even go as far as saying that Bergevin won the Sergachev vs Drouin trade.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
and i would even go as far as saying that Bergevin won the Sergachev vs Drouin trade.

Way too early to even grade that trade.

Both players are showing that they are useful to their respective clubs; Drouin is much better PR piece for Montreal than Serg is for Tampa so the CLUB won, but in terms of on-ice value, we will see in 3-4 years but I think both teams are happy with what they got.

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal

Both players are showing that they are useful to their respective clubs; Drouin is much better PR piece for Montreal than Serg is for Tampa so the CLUB won, but in terms of on-ice value, we will see in 3-4 years but I think both teams are happy with what they got.
true but Drouin has had MUCH more on his shoulders already.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018

Agreed i would say it's a win win trade for both teams so far.
But again i still beleive Drouin will be a better player in the nhl for the next 10 years.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
true but Drouin has had MUCH more on his shoulders already.

Of course, the expectations slapped on that kid were ridiculous. Then, he gets forced to play 1C all year when he is quite clearly a winger. It wasn't a good look.

Agreed i would say it's a win win trade for both teams so far.

Absolutely

But again i still beleive Drouin will be a better player in the nhl for the next 10 years.

Tough to say. Serg is going to be stuck behind Hedman and McDonagh for the foreseeable future, but I do think the kid is going to be something special; and could likely be better than McDonagh in a few years.

Drouin is always going to be a top 6 guy, and once he stops trying to be a fancy playmaker and starts utilizing the rocket of a wrister he has, he could explode to be an elite offensive talent.

I think Drouin has the potential to be the better player, but time will tell if he ends up working hard enough to get there.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
2 goals in 14 games? Yikes. Was he hurt for the remaining games or a HS? Is he battling injuries currently or just unable to find chemistry with his new teammates?

If both Neal and Patches continue to struggle would McPhee consider swapping Patches for Neal and bringing James back to Vegas?

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
2 goals in 14 games? Yikes. Was he hurt for the remaining games or a HS? Is he battling injuries currently or just unable to find chemistry with his new teammates?

If both Neal and Patches continue to struggle would McPhee consider swapping Patches for Neal and bringing James back to Vegas?

That would be arguably funny if the swap happens

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I would't say that,
Bergevin made some slick move in the past few years, here is a couple.
Phillip Danault + 2rd vs Weise et Fleischmann
Jeff Petry vs 2rd + 4rd

byron off waivers, reilly for a 5th, etc...
he's made some good deals...trading subban and not finding a replacement the year price got injured are 2 of his worst (non)moves

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Of course, the expectations slapped on that kid were ridiculous. Then, he gets forced to play 1C all year when he is quite clearly a winger. It wasn't a good look.

Absolutely

Tough to say. Serg is going to be stuck behind Hedman and McDonagh for the foreseeable future, but I do think the kid is going to be something special; and could likely be better than McDonagh in a few years.

Drouin is always going to be a top 6 guy, and once he stops trying to be a fancy playmaker and starts utilizing the rocket of a wrister he has, he could explode to be an elite offensive talent.

I think Drouin has the potential to be the better player, but time will tell if he ends up working hard enough to get there.
drouin has found his form with domi, but habs sorely sorely lack a stud LD that serg will be. CH will target a man this draft. The C position looks pretty set now - especially if domi develops into a 60 pt C

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
This is looking like a steal for Bergevin. He himself must be surprised, wondering how he managed to pull this off. I am now worried that Bergevin has become way too overconfident and may decide to go on a shopping spree.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
byron off waivers, reilly for a 5th, etc...
he's made some good deals...trading subban and not finding a replacement the year price got injured are 2 of his worst (non)moves
Not sure about the replacement about Price. There's a reason why L.A. isn't searching too. Getting a back-up coming from another team (loss of assests) with no warranty that he will do better than your back-up is probably not worth the gamble.

Losing Markov and Radulov are his biggest mistakes imo, at least we got something for Subban.

If you have problem scoring and can't get a contract signed with Radulov, you might as well not signed Markov and hope for a good draft pick. No point in getting Markov without Radu, and being a bubble team.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Since Tatar has 3 times more points than MaxPac isn't it the perfect times to revisit this disaster of a trade? This would have been a pretty fair 1 for 1 trade and yet Vegas added one of its best prospects and a 2nd. Not to mention the haul they gave up for Tatar. They also signed Pacioretty to that ridiculous 7 mil per year extension which almost puts it into that Andrew Ladd-bad territory.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Markov is done. He just doesn't have the speed to keep up anymore. I would be very shocked if he doesn't retire after this season.
I'm sure he would be better then Alzner, Schlemko and Benn (who's been decent so far)... giving him and extra year 2 years ago wasn't a big deal considering we gave Alzner that money anyway and still had 5M+ in cap space.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad