Confirmed Trade: [VGK/MTL] Max Pacioretty for 2019 2nd round pick, Nick Suzuki, and Tomas Tatar Part II

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
0 assists 1 goal 1 point -3 in 6 games so far with Vegas playing 17:04 per game. Not a good start at all for him.

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
Tatar is a perfect fit for Montreal and the Eastern Conference. Pacioretty will drown out West. Montreal clearly won his trade.

Reactions: HabsQC

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Tatar's compete level has come as a big surprise to me. Dunno how he fit so poorly with that Vegas team.

He had no finish. There were not problems with his work ethic or his ability to get into good positions where he got chances, he just never finished them. And that isn't such an exaggeration.

The four goals he scored for Vegas included two whiffs that went in because the opposing goalie was expecting him to get off a much better shot. He just didn't have it in him to put the puck in the net for us.

It may have been a one season blip but he had absolutely no finish for Vegas or else he might still be with the team. I think Vegas fans were hoping for a bounce back season for him before the trade. I think he was an easy player to root for. He seems like a hard working player so good for him.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
He had no finish. There were not problems with his work ethic or his ability to get into good positions where he got chances, he just never finished them. And that isn't such an exaggeration.

The four goals he scored for Vegas included two whiffs that went in because the opposing goalie was expecting him to get off a much better shot. He just didn't have it in him to put the puck in the net for us.

It may have been a one season blip but he had absolutely no finish for Vegas or else he might still be with the team. I think Vegas fans were hoping for a bounce back season for him before the trade. I think he was an easy player to root for. He seems like a hard working player so good for him.

He's not exactly ripping it with his shot in Montreal either so far, he just goes into the dirty areas all the time and has got some goals from there so I can believe your narrative. But in Detroit he was absolutely not known for that. Dude has a great shot and a great set of hands, it's gonna be pretty sweet if he gets that part of his game going too at some point.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
He seems to have really good chemistry with Gallagher in particular, they're always close to each other on the ice so they support each other really well with small passes.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
that line is a pain in the pass. come to think of it, habs top 9 waterbugs are all a pain in the ass

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Great trade by the Habs. Always felt like Tatar had a bit of untapped potential, wouldn't be surprised to see him have a career year.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I was big on Tatar and Nyquist carrying the torch for Detroit. I am not suprised Tatar is breaking out.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I love Tatar but he is streaky as all hell. Montreal will see the bad side soon enough. I do think he’s a legit top 6 forward still though.

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
Let's not get ahead of ourselves after four games.

I shall remind you that Jason King was once atop of the NHL in goals.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
can't believe their re-signed him so quickly...pretty sure this is a move that Vegas will regret

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
0 assists 1 goal 1 point -3 in 6 games so far with Vegas playing 17:04 per game. Not a good start at all for him.
Typical, though.

MaxPac will have a good run somewhere along the way to make the stat line look good, but there's no steady, reliable, predictable effort or results.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad