Confirmed Signing with Link: [VGK] Laurent Brossoit signs with the Golden Knights (2 years, $2.325M AAV)

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Not an overpay. Brossoit is a top-end backup. If you look at the defensive environment around him, he really has excellent numbers.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Congrats Brossoit. Liked him as our back up and sucks to see him go. Vegas will like him. Good luck Bro!

GreenLine

May 24, 2021
That's expensive for a backup. I'll miss him playing for the Jets though, he's a really solid backup.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
Outstanding backup tendy. You got a great one. It's a hefty price to pay for a backup, but you can't do much better than Brossoit.

Jetland162702

Pup-peroni Junkie
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
I firmly believe Broissoit can be a starting goalie in this league. Hope he gets the chance. Good for him.
Time will tell but I highly doubt he is starting goaltender material. He looked decent at times as a backup but he also looked pretty weak at times.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Time will tell but I highly doubt he is starting goaltender material. He looked decent at times as a backup but he also looked pretty weak at times.

The latter is due to being behind a terrible defense and yet he still excelled as a backup. His mechanics and positioning are solid. No glaring weaknesses and he works with Helle's goalie coach and has shown improvement. He is better than a backup but time will tell if he is a starter or a 1/a or 1/b goalie.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Good backup goalie.....Got a nice raise from what he made with the Jets.....don't see the value unless you have cap to burn to get to the floor

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
He was good on Winnipeg.

It'll be funny if he ends up stealing the starting position from Robin Lehner though. Believe me, it is possible. He was a solid back-up though, a bad team could rely on him to be their starting goaltender.

Other than that, Vegas fans are going to love him.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00