Confirmed Trade: [VGK/LAK] Alec Martinez for 2020 and STL 2021 2nd round picks

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Muzzin was a 5th round draft pick.

I think picks and prospects can be overvalued by posters but they can also be undervalued. Especially for a team in the Kings position. Extra 2nds can be useful in many ways for them. Whether they use them or put them in a trade. It's a good haul.

Reactions: funky

Primakov!

Dec 9, 2003
Yesteryear
Scotty Bowman was the master of adapting, and not pigeon holing players

I think it was in a book by Jimmy Devellano, former General Manager of the Detroit Red Wings, where he commented that teams with talent can afford to deviate from standardized play. However, a team of marginal on-ice talent tended to use systems to compensate so that players could be more easily plugged in and everyone was on the same page -- the Philadelphia Flyers was the example used when they first entered the league after the NHL Expansion.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Pretty good haul for a guy with 8 points on the year.

Vegas needed a stabilizer for their blue line so this could work well for them too.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Honestly, this is fair value. LA is going a little scorched earth on their veterans, but at the same time, the organization's biggest flaw has been hanging onto their players for too long until their value diminishes. I'd rather ice Kopitar, Doughty, and an AHL team with the best prospect pool in the NHL rather than hold onto aging veterans to teach our bottom 6 prospects with the team now and lose them for nothing.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Ducks getting owned as usual. Kings doing great on rebuild. And San Jose doing good in rebuild. It goes to show Anaheim is completely clueless the last 2 years of mediocrity. GRATS Kings you beat us to the punch.

Murray needs to be fired

You guys looked ahead of the game a few years back with what looked like a good, young d-core. Then Anaheim blew it up and I'm not sure what happened...

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i feel like this all could have happened a season or two ago but i can't complain now that it's all getting done

big influx of prospects, huge influx of draft picks, what you need going in to a rebuild

Reactions: Kingsfan1

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
You guys looked ahead of the game a few years back with what looked like a good, young d-core. Then Anaheim blew it up and I'm not sure what happened...

I’ll tell you what happen. Anaheim went with crappy ass players Eaves and broken Down Kesler for the long haul. Now look.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Ducks getting owned as usual. Kings doing great on rebuild. And San Jose doing good in rebuild. It goes to show Anaheim is completely clueless the last 2 years of mediocrity. GRATS Kings you beat us to the punch.

Murray needs to be fired

How is SJ doing great? They have a broken down EK, no goalie. Very little youth up front. No 1st in a year it’s looking to be top 10 at absolute worst

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Behind you
youtu.be
How is SJ doing great? They have a broken down EK, no goalie. Very little youth up front. No 1st in a year it’s looking to be top 10 at absolute worst
I think that he means that they made a trade and he wants to GM to do with the kings and sharks have done and make a trade

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I'm gonna guess 2 seconds will be the cost for Martinez.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Tryblot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->