Confirmed Signing with Link: [VGK] Knights re-sign William Karlsson [1 year/$5.25M]

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
Karlsson would easily score 60+ points this upcoming season with Kuznetsov and Ovechkin as linemates. Unlike Wilson, there is actual talent there in Karlsson which was apparent this past season. You can't fluke your hockey IQ and vision
Who moves to RW? Kuznetzov or Karlsson?

Look, Karlsson more than tripled his points from the previous year while getting over 7 times the goals. Smart of McPhee to make it 1 year to prove it's not a fluke making a huge jump like that. It could cost in the long run but could also save signing a 1 year wonder for 8 years @ $s based on that contract year.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Makes sense. That previous season was so good that it'd be tough to get him signed long term to anything but a crazy deal that would be too risky for Vegas based on one year. It's a big gamble for the player himself, but as an RFA his options were limited. Take a nice payday this year and do everything possible to prove it wasn't a fluke. If he can come close to that then I don't think Vegas will end up minding giving him his big contract.

This was about the only way I could see this situation resolved.

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
Great deal for Vegas, seeing if he truly is a one hit wonder.

Wilson on the other hand, lol.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Karlsson would easily score 60+ points this upcoming season with Kuznetsov and Ovechkin as linemates. Unlike Wilson, there is actual talent there in Karlsson which was apparent this past season. You can't fluke your hockey IQ and vision

Yeah but we'd rather have Wilson on our team bulldozing Karlsson head to head in a cup final

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Man Id love to make 5.25 mill living in Vegas lol.

Should be interesting how much more he cashes in if he has a similar season as last year. I have a feeling Vegas will have wished they locked him in long term at a little higher salary than they were comfy with.

Points aside, he was an extremely good player in all areas of the ice

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
I don't play any Fortnite, but two things:
1. Some hockey players need to start cellying like the dance moves in Fortnite.
2. Fortnite should add some hockey celebrations and hockey related stuff if they haven't done so yet.
Why would anyone play fortnite? Because it's free? Would they drink piss just because it's free?

Reactions: MikeyMike01

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Well, he got the worst contract in the history in the NHL for a PPG player.
All this horse**** about not performing before is just that. Which other player in the NHL has ever not got paid when having a great season?

Tom Wilson was 4th best on points/60 for Capitals at regular season.
Tom Wilson was Capitals best forward on Scoring Chances/60 at the playoffs.

And he gets paid 5th most.

Reactions: third man in

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
good deal for VGK, 1 yr to show that his 43G werent a fluke and that he still has some juice in the tank plus he still a RFA next summer

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Tom Wilson was 4th best on points/60 for Capitals at regular season.
Tom Wilson was Capitals best forward on Scoring Chances/60 at the playoffs.

And he gets paid 5th most.

Wilson had the 7th best ES p/60 on the caps. Right behind Brett Connolly.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Prove it deal. It’s what I would have done if I was the Knights GM. Too much risk of this just being a anomaly stat wise for him.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Fun story, William Karlsson had more goals than Wilson did points.

That is a pretty fun story.

Here is another fun story. These two players went head to head in a Stanley Cup final not 2 month ago and after getting demolished by Tom Wilson, Karlsson turned into a useless pylon for the remainder of the series scoring a grand total of 0 points in the final three games. Tom Wilson meanwhile got to lift the Cup. How fun is that?

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris

Here is another fun story. These two players went head to head in a Stanley Cup final not 2 month ago and after getting demolished by Tom Wilson, Karlsson turned into a useless pylon for the remainder of the series scoring a grand total of 0 points in the final three games. Tom Wilson meanwhile got to lift the Cup. How fun is that?
How did you not cringe yourself to death while typing this?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Yeah and Ovechkin must have some severe depression watching the like of Bryan Rust lifting the cups all those years but that doesnt mean Rust is the greater player, does it?

Reactions: mattihp

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Yeah and Ovechkin must have some severe depression watching the like of Bryan Rust lifting the cups all those years but that doesnt mean Rust is the greater player, does it?

I think he was pretty sad about it, lol.

I don't think Wilson is a better player than Karlsson. I just thought it was ironic to bring up this comparison considering that one of those players has just completely neutralized the other en rout to the Stanley Cup. It just happened.

It is not only ironic, it's also uninformed or downright stupid. One player has signed a long term commitment contract through all his prime UFA years, with no NTC/NMC to boot. The other has placed a huge bet on himself to replicate his career best season and get paid as a 43 goal scorer.

For what it's worth, I'd take both of those contracts on my team any day of the week.

Reactions: third man in

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->