GDT: VGK hosting breaking of Gordie Howe's record. Mr Shark (aka Patrick Marleau) to play 1,768th game

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I'm too lazy to do the math, but this should be close to a playoff lock.
If the Yotes lose to the Wild in Regulation and LA lose to the Ducks we would clinch. The first has happened, just waiting on Kings/Ducks.... Of course we could also win another game.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I'd honestly look into trading Hague in the offseason

Hague is on ELC and earning less than $800k.

So who are you getting to replace him? Someone earning less than $1m? (And who else is being traded/not re-signed to get the cap space needed?)

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Hague is on ELC and earning less than $800k.

So who are you getting to replace him? Someone earning less than $1m? (And who else is being traded/not re-signed to get the cap space needed?)

look to get a forward back making the same. Find a team who thinks he still has a high ceiling

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
look to get a forward back making the same. Find a team who thinks he still has a high ceiling

I wouldn't be in a rush to do that, unless it was an enticing package.

They need a LD making under 1m, and I'd rather it be the young player producing at a similar clip to Pietrangelo.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

They need a LD making under 1m, and I'd rather it be the young player producing at a similar clip to Pietrangelo.

Saying he's producing at a similar clip to Pietro completely ignores the main functions of a dman, which are to hold the puck at the blueline (nope) and to move the puck to the o zone without turning it over (nope). Points might be the worst measure for a defenseman there is.

Reactions: Pia8988

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

this will be his peak value imo. ELC, untapped upside to some. I think his skating will forever hinder him, trade him now and come out ahead or sit on him and eventually move on when you realize what he is.

his only NHL quality is his shot imo.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
this will be his peak value imo. ELC, untapped upside to some. I think his skating will forever hinder him, trade him now and come out ahead or sit on him and eventually move on when you realize what he is.

his only NHL quality is his shot imo.

A lot of these kids were unable to get offseason power skating training.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
There is a limit to how much one can improve skating, though, especially considering Hague is 22 already.

Anyway, I'd say keep Hague around as there's some uncertainties(Martini, & McNabb) on the back-end. But I don't think Hague is long for this team.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

This has been his biggest issue for years. And it's not like he's going to magically transform his skating. He can improve, but I still don't see it. Sell high.

Reactions: IceNeophyte

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
This has been his biggest issue for years. And it's not like he's going to magically transform his skating. He can improve, but I still don't see it. Sell high.
Frankly, I'm not sure you can't say the same thing about Glass, and I think he'd bring a ton more than Hague. Capped as we are, I'd still hold on to both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad