Confirmed Signing with Link: [VGK] Golden Knights sign Nikita Gusev to 1 year ELC

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Probably won't draw in for Vegas until Game 4, would be my guess.

Either the next Panarin, or the next Shipachyov. Leaning towards Panarin.
Considering he was more productive than Panarin with less support on the same team, I'd say this is a good instinct. The problem is the dude has had zero time to practice with Vegas.

Also I think the difference between Goose and Ship is the former knows more about what he's getting in to, he knows why Vegas didn't play Ship at the onset, he knows what to expect of the lineup he's joining, and he met with McPhee face to face before the season started. He has a lot more information to work with than Ship did and still chose to come anyway while denying team Russia his participation at Worlds. Ship came to Vegas expecting the Ovechkin treatment and threw a tantrum when he didn't get it.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Not sure I see a Panarin in Gusev, though my viewings of Gusev have only been a couple international games + youtube clips.

Just don't think he will be as dynamic. Also, getting to adjust to N/A with Kane on your line makes a world of difference vs. coming over here and playing with Eakin, though Tuch (when he's on) is quite the line driver.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Not sure I see a Panarin in Gusev, though my viewings of Gusev have only been a couple international games + youtube clips.

Just don't think he will be as dynamic. Also, getting to adjust to N/A with Kane on your line makes a world of difference vs. coming over here and playing with Eakin, though Tuch (when he's on) is quite the line driver.
I'm really hoping Goose draws in and sparks Tuch.

Though on the other hand if Goose doesn't play we get a full year of a free ELC.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Why did Tampa trade his rights again?
he was a 7th rounder and people thought he was a product of dadonov, kovy, datsyuk, voynov and shipachyov so not that good by himself. I guess now we know whom of those 6 was the product of the other for sure

Reactions: derriko

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm actually not sure what he'd get with an extension to be honest. My impression is that he'd get something like 2 years at $5 million a year, but Panarin only got 2 years at $6 million a year after having 2 70+ point seasons. Maybe he gets a year at $4 million and then cashes out?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad