Speculation: VGK close to re-signing Engelland, Nosek

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

I didn't see this tweeted but McPhee also added 'we're pretty clear on who's going to be coming back and who's not' - so that pretty much means Bellemare's gotten some good offers elsewhere.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Great, sorry kids you get to stay in Chicago while grandpa gets one last chance to see the game is literally passing him by.

Alright so play 2 rookies. One of them gets hurt, another struggles. What do you do, call up 2 more rookies and hope they can keep the team a Stanley Cup contender?

That's your depth? Because remember: team ain't got no cap to trade for another Dman.

Better to have Engelland as your #7 in case you need him. I can't think of a better value in the league than a veteran like Engelland at 850k.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Alright so play 2 rookies. One of them gets hurt, another struggles. What do you do, call up 2 more rookies and hope they can keep the team a Stanley Cup contender?

That's your depth? Because remember: team ain't got no cap to trade for another Dman.

Better to have Engelland as your #7 in case you need him. I can't think of a better value in the league than a veteran like Engelland at 850k.

I think Hague, Bischoff and Coghlan in the AHL getting more pro level play is good. Maybe Glass also for a bit.

Whitecloud and Schuldt I think could be helped by the veterans that would remain on the roster. It is the best the team can do while keeping our forwards. We do have two solid defensive forward on each line to help out the defense, and Fleury. Gallant has put good defensive systems on the ice, I think they would be put in a good position to succeed.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Have no problems with either signing.

Engo gives us options but personally I don’t think he should play more than half the games... unless he found the fountain of youth.

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
Always have felt that being up against the cap is a problem for us because as a new team we did not have a bunch of kids percolating up from the system, earning entry level bucks. So our depth players are making 2-3 million instead of 925,000, which kills our cap when we sign a Stone. As Glass, Hague and the rest of our kids mature and take over for these guys, our cap situation should get better. Until then, having Nosek and Engelland on the cheap is a help.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Well the good thing with Engelland is he's cheap. The guy loves the game, and loves the city he plays in, so I cannot fault them taking advantage. Even if I do think that obviously his time is coming to a close.

We will see if the kids can make that happen in camp this year. If not, the last thing I'll do is complain about it. Would be nice to see Engelland go into retirement after winning a cup with his home team this year.

Knightmare

VGK fan since the 70’s
Jun 15, 2018
Las Vegas
52d73948d66e7ddd1632e6d984234aa2.jpg

Engo tryin to get that cup!
#CupForEngo

Reactions: KnishOfTheCrease

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
So if Engelland and Nosek sign cheap, that means Schuldt, Subban and Gusev are still needing to be signed.

I don't think I see a place for Carpenter unless Reaves is traded.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Engelland should sign cheap (like $1-2m perhaps). I expect Nosek higher.

Yes to the rest.
They didn't extend a QO to Nosek so I doubt it, they've probably pitched something like a 900k 1 year contract with a raise + term next year(similarly to how the Hawks handled Krüger, but maybe not THAT big of a raise). I also see Engo getting league min, especially considering the performance bonuses talk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad