Confirmed with Link: VGK announces signings of 4 F, 1 D, 2 G

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
2 goons? (Well, 1 goon and 1 5'10 dman that can fight) Alex Gallant (no relation) is one of the notorious AHL Gallant brothers. His brother KO'd John Scott several years back. Gallant and Oligny are curious signings for the Knights. I guess they want Brannstrom and co well protected in Chicago!

I'm not sure what the Fucale signing means for DDR. Is he leaving for Europe? Part of a trade for a certain defenseman? Expected to be claimed off waivers? (Fucale can pass through waivers while Dansk and Lagace cannot).
He's had his struggles for sure, at all levels and in WJC competition.

Very surprised to see Pirri back. He seemed upset he wasn't given a callup, and I would have thought he'd wait for an NHL camp tryout. Very good news for Chicago and the Knights depth, along with McKenzie.

Carr is an excellent signing! He's struggled with concussion issues the past few years but he's a little pitbull that loves to go to the net, and he has a very good release. Gallant (head coach, not Alex) will love how he plays.

Last edited:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Alex Gallant seems to have reached a "plateau" in the AHL. Maybe a call up, but now more of a journeyman.

I can see him in Chicago helping the kids from being roughed up.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Habs fan popping in. Didn't notice until now that you guys signed Carr and Fucale. Tought I'd give some insight into the two of them.

Carr is a great gritty forward with a hell of a shot, wouldn't be surprised if he puts up 20 goals in a full season.

Fucale can be good but he's very inconsistent. He does show up for big games though so that's a plus.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Habs fan popping in. Didn't notice until now that you guys signed Carr and Fucale. Tought I'd give some insight into the two of them.

Carr is a great gritty forward with a hell of a shot, wouldn't be surprised if he puts up 20 goals in a full season.

Fucale can be good but he's very inconsistent. He does show up for big games though so that's a plus.

Stastny is our 2C, Tatar will get a good shot at a top six role and Tuch seems ready for that role. At this point, I think possibly Nosek, Hyka, Carr and Pirri are duking it out for our third line winger spots.

Maybe try to move Eakin before the season and put Haula at center on the third line and try to turn it into more of a scoring line.

With a creative center like Haula and third line matchups, all four have got talent if any two of them can put it together consistently to get 35-40 points for us.

Smith-Karlsson-Marchessault
Tuch-Stastny-Tatar
2 of Nosek/Hyka/Carr/Pirri, Haula centering
Whoever-Bellemare-Reaves
Carrier,Carpenter

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Stastny is our 2C, Tatar will get a good shot at a top six role and Tuch seems ready for that role. At this point, I think possibly Nosek, Hyka, Carr and Pirri are duking it out for our third line winger spots.

Maybe try to move Eakin before the season and put Haula at center on the third line and try to turn it into more of a scoring line.

With a creative center like Haula and third line matchups, all four have got talent if any two of them can put it together consistently to get 35-40 points for us.

Tuch-Stastny-Tatar
2 of Nosek/Hyka/Carr/Pirri, Haula centering
Whoever-Bellemare-Reaves
Carrier,Carpenter

I think you guys will be really happy with Carr's work ethic and production. He most played 4th line LW in Montreal but still put up 10 points in his first 10 games. I know players get compared to Gallagher a lot but Carr is a player who I think really resembles Gallagher. Gives 100% every game, has a blistering shot, and can make a nice pass if need be. He would have probably been a 20-30 point player in an 82 game season for Montreal (a la Dale Weise in his prime), on Vegas I could definitely see him getting 35-40 if you guys have another great season.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Carr/Tuch-Stastny-Tatar
Haula-Eakin-Carpenter
Carrier-Bellemare-Nosek

This is the best line combination I come up with. The bolded ones are players that suffer when played on the same line, they haven't worked very well on the same line imo and caused defensive side problems.

If these would be the lines, 3rd line would be played as much as the second. The reason being that Turk has a weak spot for late draft players like Haula and Carpenter. He gave both a lot of minutes even though their lines had problems. Neal in the end had less ice time than Haula and Perron was moved to 3rd line. In critical moments of 3rd period, Turk gave Haula ice time when trailing and played Carpenter and Eakin relatively high minutes when we had a close lead. Playing Haula in a defensive role in the 3rd line with no PP time would be stupid and end up to him getting traded away.

To make things more complicated, there is a chance that we might get even another very skilled top-6 forward in Zucker or Panarin... either would be a great pickup, but would cause the 2nd and 3rd line to be even more of a puzzle.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
I think you guys will be really happy with Carr's work ethic and production. He most played 4th line LW in Montreal but still put up 10 points in his first 10 games. I know players get compared to Gallagher a lot but Carr is a player who I think really resembles Gallagher. Gives 100% every game, has a blistering shot, and can make a nice pass if need be. He would have probably been a 20-30 point player in an 82 game season for Montreal (a la Dale Weise in his prime), on Vegas I could definitely see him getting 35-40 if you guys have another great season.

If Carr is a high effort player he's going to get every chance for ice time under Turk. Here's hoping McPhee found yet another underappreciated gem for the roster.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
We seem to be taking gambles on like 8 different goalies hoping one of them can be a Fleury replacement down the line.

Yeah and it's probably a good strategy too. Goalies are that position where you never know wtf they're going to be, and even when you think you know that script can flip quickly.

I mean Subban's a great example of that, as well as the quality of VGK's goal tending coaching.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Carr/Tuch-Stastny-Tatar
Haula
-Eakin-Carpenter
Carrier-Bellemare-Nosek

This is the best line combination I come up with. The bolded ones are players that suffer when played on the same line, they haven't worked very well on the same line imo and caused defensive side problems.

If these would be the lines, 3rd line would be played as much as the second. The reason being that Turk has a weak spot for late draft players like Haula and Carpenter. He gave both a lot of minutes even though their lines had problems. Neal in the end had less ice time than Haula and Perron was moved to 3rd line. In critical moments of 3rd period, Turk gave Haula ice time when trailing and played Carpenter and Eakin relatively high minutes when we had a close lead. Playing Haula in a defensive role in the 3rd line with no PP time would be stupid and end up to him getting traded away.

To make things more complicated, there is a chance that we might get even another very skilled top-6 forward in Zucker or Panarin... either would be a great pickup, but would cause the 2nd and 3rd line to be even more of a puzzle.

Haula is most likely getting traded after this season anyway as it will be unlikely we can afford to give him the 5 million or more he'd want if we have other guys getting raises or coming in. Might as well get something back for him and if he can have another good, season somewhere around 50 points then he becomes a very valuable trade chip. Especially considering we would probably have Glass ready to center our third line after this season.

I think Haula needs to center that third line and Stastny the second but those names are more formalities because both lines probably would get almost equal ice time and both experiment with wingers to find the right mix. I think both become lines we look to for offense, as depth scoring was not one of our strong suits most of the time.

I could see Tuch, Tatar, Nosek, Hyka, Carr and possibly Pirri being tried and switched around with both centers to see which groups work best together.

Reactions: Aurinko

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Haula is most likely getting traded after this season anyway as it will be unlikely we can afford to give him the 5 million or more he'd want if we have other guys getting raises or coming in. Might as well get something back for him and if he can have another good, season somewhere around 50 points then he becomes a very valuable trade chip. Especially considering we would probably have Glass ready to center our third line after this season.

I think Haula needs to center that third line and Stastny the second but those names are more formalities because both lines probably would get almost equal ice time and both experiment with wingers to find the right mix. I think both become lines we look to for offense, as depth scoring was not one of our strong suits most of the time.

I could see Tuch, Tatar, Nosek, Hyka, Carr and possibly Pirri being tried and switched around with both centers to see which groups work best together.

That's a 100% legit point. It's not only about Haula, half of the team are expecting raises soon.

I'm glad they kept Haula for the 18-19 season *knock on wood*; When he is healthy and motivated, he's a blast to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad