VGK announce streaming service for games

rsteen

Oct 1, 2022
Right...but we can hope that the money made is more than the RSN "solution" and becomes a viable option for other teams to seek out deals to include direct to customer streaming solutions.
Isn't the whole reason the RSNs are collapsing is because their deals are overpriced?

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
Isn't the whole reason the RSNs are collapsing is because their deals are overpriced?
It's because of the lack of pertinent ad revenue, it being tied to cable subscriptions and not including satellite tv, and cord-cutters.

Spydey629

Jan 28, 2005
Carlisle, PA
It's because of the lack of pertinent ad revenue, it being tied to cable subscriptions and not including satellite tv, and cord-cutters.

Yep. It’s a bigger, macro-economy issue about how people get TV than the individual RSNs themselves.

Heck, look at WBD. National sports is worth it, local isn’t.

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
Yep. It’s a bigger, macro-economy issue about how people get TV than the individual RSNs themselves.

Heck, look at WBD. National sports is worth it, local isn’t.
Agreed. They really need to figure out how to bring all of the local broadcast crews under one centralized service. Hopefully they can figure out how to make that work under the current structure, but it doesn't appear that they have an easy solution.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Out of curiosity, do streaming services need a “Roku version” (or whatever)? I understand most of the business side of these things, but definitely NOT the tech side.
Roku is able to use ios/Apple store version, as can Amazon streaming device. TiVo streaming device uses Android/Google play store.

Reactions: Spydey629

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Tried to watch game tonight. Via website as no android app (yet). Wouldn't let me watch (your zipcode is not authorized, although I live in LV city limits).

Sent email. Response: we'll address issue in 2-3 days, or you can contact provider directly. Called and provided zipcode and IP.

Missed first 10 minutes of broadcast (5 minutes of game).

Toothless Legend

Oct 15, 2021
Wheat Ridge, CO
Tried to watch game tonight. Via website as no android app (yet). Wouldn't let me watch (your zipcode is not authorized, although I live in LV city limits).

Sent email. Response: we'll address issue in 2-3 days, or you can contact provider directly. Called and provided zipcode and IP.

Missed first 10 minutes of broadcast (5 minutes of game).
Annoying, but kinks are to be expected. How was the experience otherwise?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Annoying, but kinks are to be expected. How was the experience otherwise?
Haven't had VGK 'cast to watch for a few years (after I cut cable) to compare.

I dislike watching on my computer (as it limits what I can do during breaks). Waiting on Android app (for my TiVo streaming device) to watch on TV. A real big misstep not having that ready by start. (I do not plan to purchase season unless they have app available. VGK is not my main NHL team.)

Considering I purchased complete AHL season (all games, all teams, and playoffs) for $100, and ESPN+ for like $8/mo (for like 6.5 months) for my main NHL team, $70 is expensive in comparison.

Spydey629

Jan 28, 2005
Carlisle, PA
Haven't had VGK 'cast to watch for a few years (after I cut cable) to compare.

I dislike watching on my computer (as it limits what I can do during breaks). Waiting on Android app (for my TiVo streaming device) to watch on TV. A real big misstep not having that ready by start. (I do not plan to purchase season unless they have app available. VGK is not my main NHL team.)

Considering I purchased complete AHL season (all games, all teams, and playoffs) for $100, and ESPN+ for like $8/mo (for like 6.5 months) for my main NHL team, $70 is expensive in comparison.

As someone waiting for FSG to announce plans for the Pens / SportsNet Pittsburgh, my eyes popped when I say that price point.

Vegas: $69.99 for the season
Bally Teams: $19.99 / month
NESN360: $29.99 / month
MSG+ $29.99 / month or $9.99 per game.

The biggest difference for VGK though is that there is no network to go with it. You are only getting the games. That said, if they aren't your team, I get not paying for it.

Reactions: LadyStanley

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
ESPN+ does allow me to "tune in" starting 5 minutes before broadcast start (with filler ads). I didn't see that, as I was trying to get connected. Won't try tonight (have another game to watch on computer).

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
VGK tweeted that KnightTime+ was available for Android. But I don't see it in Google Play store (for my TV), yet.

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
Does the knights app let you pause, rewind, and fast foward or is it only a live app? What happens if youre busy during the actual game time SOL or there is an archive.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad