Confirmed Signing with Link: [VGK] Alex Tuch signs extension with Vegas (7 years, $4.75M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
This contract just ruined any chance leafs had at getting nylander at under 7 long term almost 5 million for 35 point winger . It was slim before now its not even a chance

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Even if he stays a 37 point, 3rd line player with the way the cap is going up he won’t be super overpaid. Not many players peek in their rookie year and if you watched Tuch play there is a good chance he becomes a 50+ point player. Easy contract for Vegas to sign.

Reactions: Riptide

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
Not a very good deal for LV . The way I see it is if you're offering long term security, then some money should be left on the table by the player. Even more so when the player in question is not a star player.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Which is why they didn't re-sign Perron after his career year, and they wouldn't give Neal the term he wanted. They signed Marchessault and McNabb to cheap contracts mid-season. William Karlsson only got a 1 year 'show me' contract. They didn't rest on their laurels, and I have no idea why you think they're doing that.

I love these ridiculous takes. A rookie won't repeat his success? Get some new material and fire your writer.
You think players with 1 season of 0.5 PPG production deserve 7years at almost 5 per? Really, there's no reason for that.

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I think you misunderstood me. For a team that just came into the league with a clean slate, they are already up against the cap.

Yes, but looking at next season other than Karlsson, they have no one important to sign and have 15m or so of cap space. They won't be loaded with cap space... but they should be fine. And as the cap rises and some of their long term deals start to pay off, they should be in pretty good shape.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
You think players with 1 season of 0.5 PPG production deserve 7years at almost 5 per? Really, there's no reason for that.

Yeah they should have bridged him 1-2 years and paid 6.5m for him down the road...

This is exactly like the MAF contract, simply no reason to do it. But McPhee gonna McPhee.

:laugh: yes Vegas locked up their #1W, their #1D, and their #3D to reasonable long-term deals and re-signed one of the hottest goalies in the league. But Mcphee tho. I think 'McPhee gonna McPhee' might have a new meaning since he built the SC winning Capitals and the SCF Golden Knights.

Tuch at under 5m is looking pretty damn good right now with cap projections and increasing RFA salaries.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Tuch at that price is a ludicrous bargain for VGK. He's so underrated. People saying he needs to replicate his season to justify this contract has not watched him play. He was clearly trending upwards as 2018 rolled around.

The3rd

Jun 20, 2018
I think after the dust settles...well after July 1st...This will look like a very good deal!

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Tuch at that price is a ludicrous bargain for VGK. He's so underrated. People saying he needs to replicate his season to justify this contract has not watched him play. He was clearly trending upwards as 2018 rolled around.

Yea I was just reading through the previous replies lol. Lots of crow to be eaten there.

You had to watch him play to understand the contract, not just look at his stat sheet. I thought the length was a but weird, but the AAV was great.

Though I admit, I didnt think he would be this good. He's easily Vegas's best forward this year. Leads the team in points, and drives the play more than any other player.

Reactions: Our Lady Peace

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
Damn. tuch cost himself 10's of millions of dollars. and he becomes ufa at age 30. wow. steal for vegas but sucks for the player

Reactions: Jtown

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Damn. tuch cost himself 10's of millions of dollars. and he becomes ufa at age 30. wow. steal for vegas but sucks for the player

Yea but I guess he wanted the stability of playing in one place long-term rather than the big bucks. It also indirectly allows his team to compete because he's underpaid and his GM has more money to sign better players. Besides, Tuch wanted to become a lawyer if he didn't make it as a hockey player, so even with a ~$32M contract, I'm sure knows how to live off of it just fine. He's very smart, maybe he calculated all of these factors.

Reactions: derriko
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->