Confirmed Signing with Link: [VGK] Alex Tuch signs extension with Vegas (7 years, $4.75M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

apoptygma

2-5-9-11
Apr 9, 2011
A smart contract. Even if never gets any better then he was last season he will not be much overpaid, and the contract takes him trough his prime. If you bridge/do a shorter contract like NYR did with Kreider you end up with a 29 year old player wanting 7 years and more money beyond what most likely the physical prime. I guess we will see lots of longer deals coming after ELC in the near future.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Vegas continues overpaying for a miracle season that won't be repeated by just about any player involved.

A far more prudent move would have been a 2 year bridge at 2mil or so in order to see what you actually have.

Reactions: Oddbob

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
He has really high potential. I don't know what advanced stats say about him but I really like what I see. I think he's a 50+ point guy this season and tops out in the mid 60's. The last few years on this deal will look REALLY good IMO.

Reactions: Catch22

Sparksrus3

NYI - THE TEAM WITH NO ❤️
Jun 2, 2012
It's bizzaro Superman world again. Pay before play. In case he never gets better he should Tuch that money away and never Tuch it. Tuche' to his agent. It's crazy that it Tuch this much money to get him signed . As the salaries escalate the players union can only be Tuchled pink.

LGI

varano

Jun 27, 2013
This seems like the type of contract that haunts a team. One that lingers for years and gives no benefit to the team

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
I like Tuch a lot. However there was no reason to do this. Who cares if Kreider wants a lot of money at 29. When you have a loaded farm, if he wants that you trade him for a ton at the deadline and move on from him. There was no reason to give Tuch that kind of money. He hasn't earned it. The would have been much better off giving him 4 y, 16 million. I'm quite sure a 22 year old with barely any NHL time would take that and run. Now, if I'm the Islanders I would offer Barzal 7 y 56 million now. I don't think he does that though.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The contract sucks for the teams trying to sign their 45-55 point guys long term because this is the range they were trying to get their guy signed to.

I was hoping to get Konecny to a contract like this. Now that seems unlikely.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
He is fast, defends well, fits the system. If he develops his ability to finish, he will be underpaid next year.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
He is fast, defends well, fits the system. If he develops his ability to finish, he will be underpaid next year.

Didn't he have 6 goals in the first 3 playoff rounds?

He was arguably one of their top 3 forwards against LA and SJ.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Vegas continues overpaying for a miracle season that won't be repeated by just about any player involved.

A far more prudent move would have been a 2 year bridge at 2mil or so in order to see what you actually have.

Which is why they didn't re-sign Perron after his career year, and they wouldn't give Neal the term he wanted. They signed Marchessault and McNabb to cheap contracts mid-season. William Karlsson only got a 1 year 'show me' contract. They didn't rest on their laurels, and I have no idea why you think they're doing that.

I love these ridiculous takes. A rookie won't repeat his success? Get some new material and fire your writer.

Last edited:

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Just like the Killorn deal I guess... so "meh". He does however have the advantage over Killorn in being a first rounder that is still 22 years old, might be some more room to grow... who knows.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I think this will end up a good deal. Tuch is a talented player. Honestly, makes more sense to give $ and term to RFAs than UFAs

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
That is a lot of money and term for Alext Tuch. Hopefully Vegas doesn't regret this gamble.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
1 37 PT season nets you 7 year deals at very good money now? 37 PTS isn't even that great, how about 2 or 3 seasons of it, first! And teams wonder, why they end up with so many cap dumps. I understand you have to give a little early on young guys who produce, but its one season here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->