BuffaloHockeyBeat Vesey happy with ‘reliable’ game despite lack of offense

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
https://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/s...y-with-reliable-game-despite-lack-of-offense/

“I’ve been very reliable. Talking to the coaches, they trust me in all situations. I think in talking to them, I’ve played solid, I just haven’t got the goals. I guess I’m just going to keep going with it and the law of averages, one of these pucks has got to go in.”

Go to the net and get your nose dirty. A puck will eventually go off you.

Krueger believes Vesey is close to breaking out. Vesey generated confidence during the Sabres’ two-game trip to Sweden last week. In last Saturday’s 5-3 loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning, he recorded a season-high four shots.

Krueger said Vesey’s “scoring is just going to be the final piece of the puzzle.”

Krueger's positive attitude is mentioned by everyone that knows him. But at what point does it become delusional?

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
https://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/s...y-with-reliable-game-despite-lack-of-offense/

“I’ve been very reliable. Talking to the coaches, they trust me in all situations. I think in talking to them, I’ve played solid, I just haven’t got the goals. I guess I’m just going to keep going with it and the law of averages, one of these pucks has got to go in.”

Go to the net and get your nose dirty. A puck will eventually go off you.

Krueger believes Vesey is close to breaking out. Vesey generated confidence during the Sabres’ two-game trip to Sweden last week. In last Saturday’s 5-3 loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning, he recorded a season-high four shots.

Krueger said Vesey’s “scoring is just going to be the final piece of the puzzle.”

Krueger's positive attitude is mentioned by everyone that knows him. But at what point does it become delusional?
If Krueger really believes that, then yes, he's delusional. Vesey has had maybe 2 decent games. He hasn't looked good at all and he adds close to nothing overall.

I doubt he really believes that.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
only thing he should be happy with is that he isn't being waived. he hasn't been good at all this year, and he seems not to care that much about it.

I always kind of got that read on vesey even going back to his draft year, but seeing him play in the frequency I have this year, it is fully confirmed. We should definitely not even consider resigning him

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Idk which is sadder, the idea that the law of averages will make one of these muffin shots go in or the pride in 4 shots on goal.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
He's been pretty bad here. They should be prepared to trade him for a Roch guy to take the reigns. Or Tyler Toffoli :).

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
2 3rds squandered by 2 different GMs for this non-entity.

Hopefully our Vesey fetish has concluded, and Ralph's observations are explained by his hyper-optimistic approach and not sincere belief.

Sinter Klaas

Aug 19, 2006
Making Lists
He's barely treading water at this point. Frustrating when there are a few players riding the pressbox bench that can contribute more than he has.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Just like Larsson the other night.. The only way he scores is if a puck bounces in off him... I'm tired of having players on this team with zero offensive ability

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Congrats on his first career NHL fight victory. He may not flip tires in the Summer but that's now one more than Rasmus Ristolainen.

Reactions: SabresSharks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad