Very random observation re: schedule

WhenWillItBe20XX

Oct 20, 2009
Toronto
By the end of February Boston will have played a total of 17 games while Toronto will have played 22 games.

You would think the schedule makers would have made a more balanced schedule for both teams....

Toronto could technically gain ground in the division this month by essentially collecting points on more games played and forcing boston to collect points in a more condensed march month.

Boston could also be licking their chops if toronto has a few bad games during this injury bug spell and continues to gain on the leafs with the games in hand while maintaining their margin of pts

In any event, I just thought the 5 game discrepancy in a condensed season is a bit odd.

Do you guys feel there is an advantage to any team here?

(yes this was super random)

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
By the end of February Boston will have played a total of 17 games while Toronto will have played 22 games.

You would think the schedule makers would have made a more balanced schedule for both teams....

Toronto could technically gain ground in the division this month by essentially collecting points on more games played and forcing boston to collect points in a more condensed march month.

Boston could also be licking their chops if toronto has a few bad games during this injury bug spell and continues to gain on the leafs with the games in hand while maintaining their margin of pts

In any event, I just thought the 5 game discrepancy in a condensed season is a bit odd.

It could all be down to arena availability.

themightyquinn

Jun 10, 2007
Toronto
No real advantage/disadvantage. They'll all play 48 by the time April 27th comes around.

It sure wasn't planned that way. Just a matter of taking any arena availability where they could find it once the Lockout messed up the original schedule and everything was thrown out of whack.

bshaw

Jul 4, 2010
Hamilton
Toronto has the advantage playing more games when they're fresh IMO. But Ottawa will contend as well lol

HenryH

Dec 9, 2010
Woodbridge
I've noticed in the past couple years that Boston generally had 3-5 games less than most teams for at least the first half of the season. Never really liked that discrepancy but whatever.

Apr 1, 2010

Doubt Boston worries about what Toronto does.

BUt ya 5 games could come in handy down hte stretch to get a days rest or extra practice in.

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
well the Bruins did have one game snowed out; not sure if you are counting that or not. if not I guess it will be 6 games.

the don't have to worry about gaining on the Leafs since they're already ahead.

and I agree they probably don't care about the Leafs. prob more concerned about NY, NJ and Pitts

Kb21

Dec 27, 2011
Toronto
the NHL schedulers did do a horrible job this season. i believe last week or 2 weeks ago friday only had 1 game scheduled. how is that even possible on a shortened season.

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
And the lockout can't be blamed because its been like this for years....IIRC it seemed like all of the last two season, NYR or NJD played 5 games more than the least GP in the East

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad