Very late draft riser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
Has anyone else seen Dmitri Megalinsky (Yaroslavl, Russia) play? I saw him twice earlier this year and was intrigued by his intensity, physical prowess and sound hockey sense. But as an '85 er I thought there must have been some legitimate reason he wasn't drafted last year.

But now Russian acquaintances are giving big time buzz to this guy and, apparently, some NHL clubs have him in their top 50. He's less of a known quantity due to relative lack of exposure- but may not be so come draft day (THN may have him in their top 60 too) By the way, he's a 6'2 215 DF.

Is there anything else on this guy?

Guillaume

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
First he belongs to Yaroslav but only play one game with the Superleague team and 11 with Yaroslav 2. he was then loaned to Voronezh in High League. recorded 42-4-8-14 159 PIM and -14. Before that I believe he was playing with Perm.
he has been a regular with the 85 Russian team, but mostly as a 6-9 Ds. he was really brutal at times two years ago (some of you might remember the world challenge the year Ovechkin played). he steadily improved since then. His skating got better but there is still to improve, especially lateral mobility.
he lost some unnecessary weight over the past year or two but kept a physical edge. Physically impressive as he looks sometimes like a bull. However, he still gets out of position at times and takes sometimes stupid penalties.
Passing is not bad although nothing amazing. His shot is not bad at all but he should use it more.
Bottom line, he is steadily improving and maturing, but there is still some more to do, expecially skating and ice vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad